Personal Battles and Ego

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by xiaochou, Feb 6, 2005.

1. xiaochou

xiaochou New Member

Hello to All,
    I'm relatively new to the site and have browsed through many of the threads during my free time in hopes of finding answers (or opinions) to my many questions. Unfortunately, I'm finding that many of the threads are initiated with good intent but turn into X vs Y and why X can't spell or Y can't use correct grammar or....well, you understand....it has nothing to do with the thread subject.
    I thought this was a site to share ideas, provide a base for the incredible knowledge and experience we have within its members and to generally perpetuate the joy of cycling.
    Does anybody have ideas about curtailing the amount of ego-related threads? Do members ever get "banned"? If I start a thread and it turns into a war, can I just cut the thread?
    Just curious...I love the site and have found a wealth of useful info....just tiring of the needless banter.
    Chad

Tags:

2. rolfdevinci

rolfdevinci New Member

Well as a generic "bike cafe" forum I find this one quite tame in comparison to some other forums I have visited. If you are looking for specific info perhaps one of the others would be more appropriate.

Personally I enjoy some of the inane banter found hereabouts even if it is off topic......it`s nice to have some fun and innuendo in a friendly setting. I have found this forum relatively free of trolling which can become quite tiresome.

It`s probably a question of perspective but having given up on another cycling forum due to the trolling and antagonism I find this place a decent place to discuss bike topics and whatever springs forth as a thread evolves.

IMHO

3. xiaochou

xiaochou New Member

Understood. I suppose that being a bit of a newcomer to this type of forum-based discussion, I'm a little naive. I enjoy some of the friendly competition myself. As for the "trollers" as you call them, I guess we have to experience our share of these folks like in any group of people, yeah?
    Thanks for the thoughts....