Perth Freeway Bike Hike distance

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by DeF, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. DeF

    DeF Guest

    Did anyone get an accurate measure of the distance
    between start and finish for the freeway bike hike?
    I had a timing anklet on but didn't press the right
    buttons on my computer to get the distance.

    It's supposed to be a nominal 30km but if that's
    right then my average speed was 43kph which seems
    unlikely, even if I did sit in a fast bunch for
    most of the way.

    DeF.

    --
    e-mail: [email protected] finger.murdoch.edu.au
    To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

    Tags:

  2. dtmeister

    dtmeister Guest

    DeF <""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"> wrote:
    > Did anyone get an accurate measure of the distance
    > between start and finish for the freeway bike hike?
    > I had a timing anklet on but didn't press the right
    > buttons on my computer to get the distance.
    >
    > It's supposed to be a nominal 30km but if that's
    > right then my average speed was 43kph which seems
    > unlikely, even if I did sit in a fast bunch for
    > most of the way.

    My Polar HRM said 28.7km. It's well calibrated (via GPS) but it still
    suffers from the occasional data dropout due to interference.

    --
    ..dt

  3. DeF

    DeF Guest

    dtmeister wrote:
    > DeF <""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"> wrote:
    >> Did anyone get an accurate measure of the distance
    >> between start and finish for the freeway bike hike?
    >> I had a timing anklet on but didn't press the right
    >> buttons on my computer to get the distance.
    >>
    >> It's supposed to be a nominal 30km but if that's
    >> right then my average speed was 43kph which seems
    >> unlikely, even if I did sit in a fast bunch for
    >> most of the way.

    > My Polar HRM said 28.7km. It's well calibrated (via GPS) but it still
    > suffers from the occasional data dropout due to interference.

    Thanks for that, this makes it 41kph for me
    which is quicker than I've ever ridden any
    sustained distance. And it felt like it as
    I wasn't on my "good" bike.

    Any advance on 28.7km?

    DeF.

    --
    e-mail: [email protected] finger.murdoch.edu.au
    To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

  4. Gumby

    Gumby Guest

    29.075km

    DeF > wrote:
    > dtmeister wrote:
    >
    >> DeF <""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Did anyone get an accurate measure of the distance
    >>> between start and finish for the freeway bike hike?
    >>> I had a timing anklet on but didn't press the right
    >>> buttons on my computer to get the distance.
    >>>
    >>> It's supposed to be a nominal 30km but if that's
    >>> right then my average speed was 43kph which seems
    >>> unlikely, even if I did sit in a fast bunch for
    >>> most of the way.

    >> My Polar HRM said 28.7km. It's well calibrated (via GPS) but it still
    >> suffers from the occasional data dropout due to interference.
    >>

    > Thanks for that, this makes it 41kph for me
    > which is quicker than I've ever ridden any
    > sustained distance. And it felt like it as
    > I wasn't on my "good" bike.
    >
    > Any advance on 28.7km?
    >
    > DeF.

  5. DeF

    DeF Guest

    Gumby wrote:
    > 29.075km
    >
    > DeF > wrote:
    >> dtmeister wrote:

    >>> My Polar HRM said 28.7km. It's well calibrated (via GPS) but it still
    >>> suffers from the occasional data dropout due to interference.
    >>>

    >> Thanks for that, this makes it 41kph for me
    >> which is quicker than I've ever ridden any
    >> sustained distance. And it felt like it as
    >> I wasn't on my "good" bike.
    >>
    >> Any advance on 28.7km?
    >>
    >> DeF.

    That would be an ambit claim from the serial top-poster?

    DeF

    --
    e-mail: [email protected] finger.murdoch.edu.au
    To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

  6. endroll

    endroll New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005