Perth Freeway Bike Hike distance

DeF

Guest
Did anyone get an accurate measure of the distance
between start and finish for the freeway bike hike?
I had a timing anklet on but didn't press the right
buttons on my computer to get the distance.

It's supposed to be a nominal 30km but if that's
right then my average speed was 43kph which seems
unlikely, even if I did sit in a fast bunch for
most of the way.

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

DeF <""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"> wrote:
> Did anyone get an accurate measure of the distance
> between start and finish for the freeway bike hike?
> I had a timing anklet on but didn't press the right
> buttons on my computer to get the distance.
>
> It's supposed to be a nominal 30km but if that's
> right then my average speed was 43kph which seems
> unlikely, even if I did sit in a fast bunch for
> most of the way.

My Polar HRM said 28.7km. It's well calibrated (via GPS) but it still
suffers from the occasional data dropout due to interference.

--
..dt

dtmeister wrote:
> DeF <""d.farrow\"@your finger.murdoch.edu.au"> wrote:
>> Did anyone get an accurate measure of the distance
>> between start and finish for the freeway bike hike?
>> I had a timing anklet on but didn't press the right
>> buttons on my computer to get the distance.
>>
>> It's supposed to be a nominal 30km but if that's
>> right then my average speed was 43kph which seems
>> unlikely, even if I did sit in a fast bunch for
>> most of the way.

> My Polar HRM said 28.7km. It's well calibrated (via GPS) but it still
> suffers from the occasional data dropout due to interference.

Thanks for that, this makes it 41kph for me
which is quicker than I've ever ridden any
sustained distance. And it felt like it as
I wasn't on my "good" bike.

Any advance on 28.7km?

DeF.

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

29.075km

Gumby wrote:
> 29.075km
>
> DeF > wrote:
>> dtmeister wrote:

>>> My Polar HRM said 28.7km. It's well calibrated (via GPS) but it still
>>> suffers from the occasional data dropout due to interference.
>>>

>> Thanks for that, this makes it 41kph for me
>> which is quicker than I've ever ridden any
>> sustained distance. And it felt like it as
>> I wasn't on my "good" bike.
>>
>> Any advance on 28.7km?
>>
>> DeF.

That would be an ambit claim from the serial top-poster?

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

dead on 29km

Gumby said:
29.075km