[PERTH] Need Info on Cyclocross

mysrh

Apr 2, 2006
Hey Perth people, care to share to me if your Bike shop carries any cyclocross bike? Thanks :) So far I only luckily find one.

As most 'major' brands don't do a cyclocross bike, if you can let me know what particular brand/model you are looking for, how much you want to spend etc, I can find out if my LBS can get them in, and then pass on their number.

AzzaC said:
As most 'major' brands don't do a cyclocross bike, if you can let me know what particular brand/model you are looking for, how much you want to spend etc, I can find out if my LBS can get them in, and then pass on their number.
Hey sorry for long reply. Wondering which LBS you're referring to? So far I can only find Acecyclery, the LBS that carries cyclocross bikes. Just got accident, so bike searching is back to zero again
The Acecylery only carries Redline cyclocross, that's why i'm limited to the range

mysrh said:
Hey sorry for long reply. Wondering which LBS you're referring to? So far I can only find Acecyclery, the LBS that carries cyclocross bikes. Just got accident, so bike searching is back to zero again
The Acecylery only carries Redline cyclocross, that's why i'm limited to the range
Do your research on the net and then ring around to see if any shops can get them in. Cyclocross is not a big thing (if a thing at all) in Perth, so many shops don't carry them.

Look at Salsa frames/bikes or Specialized, GT, Kona etc and then ring to see if the bike stores can firstly a: get them in, and b: if there is any stock available in Aus.

AzzaC said:
Do your research on the net and then ring around to see if any shops can get them in. Cyclocross is not a big thing (if a thing at all) in Perth, so many shops don't carry them.

Look at Salsa frames/bikes or Specialized, GT, Kona etc and then ring to see if the bike stores can firstly a: get them in, and b: if there is any stock available in Aus.
Hey thanks for the reply. I really don't know what advanteages I have getting cyclo than road bike, one thing I don't like from road bike is because they're meant to be on road. I just got accident last week, my old bike Vs Holden Commodore, guess which won ^-^ i know with cyclo I can keep away from riding on road next to cars, so I can keep riding like MTB too, but my old bike is MTB and it weighs too much

Hey again! Aside from the flat bar, what differences do the CRX make in comparison to road bikes?

I have my mind on road bike now, since it will still fit my need. I might ride on the pathway for a little while till I get to freeway bike path. The road bike will still stand little bump on pedestrian pathway, won't it?

Yes, road bikes are fine on foot paths, drop or flat bar. The main differences with the CRX is the bars, shifters and brakes. It is easier to ride a flat bar in traffic and at low speeds as you are more heads up with better control and visability.

Recently I became aware of one disadvantage, climbing steep hills, the front end gets a bit light and you need to lean into the bars.

Some information on Surley:
Country
Australia
Shop
Dirt Works (distributor)
P.O. Box 6318
Blacktown Business Centre
New South Wales 2148
[email protected]

Cheeky Monkey Cycle Company
456 Pitt Street
Sydney 2000