Perth Riding, anyone from here ?



MikeyOz

New Member
Aug 12, 2003
942
0
0
52
I am working in perth for 2 weeks, and just organised my bike hire, and plan to join the Barrack St Jetty ride tomorrow morning, any other rides I should look out for ?? checked out the pdf on the Triathlon WA site, but not really much description of the rides... anyone know of a ride in particular that I should try out ?
 
D

DeF

Guest
MikeyOz wrote:
> I am working in perth for 2 weeks, and just organised my bike hire, and
> plan to join the Barrack St Jetty ride tomorrow morning, any other
> rides I should look out for ?? checked out the pdf on the Triathlon WA
> site, but not really much description of the rides... anyone know of a
> ride in particular that I should try out ?
>
>

Only have time for a quick answer but I think there are about
70 rides over the weekend starting from various bike shops/
coffee shops/other landmarks. The organised Bike Shop rides
generally have a range of speeds/distances to choose from.

Look out for me on a yellow Cinelli with a Blue/white MET
helmet! I'll be out tomorrow doing the "round the river".

Enjoy, the weather looks great.

DeF.


--
e-mail: [email protected]
To reply, you'll have to remove finger.
 

MikeyOz

New Member
Aug 12, 2003
942
0
0
52
DeF said:
MikeyOz wrote:
> I am working in perth for 2 weeks, and just organised my bike hire, and
> plan to join the Barrack St Jetty ride tomorrow morning, any other
> rides I should look out for ?? checked out the pdf on the Triathlon WA
> site, but not really much description of the rides... anyone know of a
> ride in particular that I should try out ?
>
>

Only have time for a quick answer but I think there are about
70 rides over the weekend starting from various bike shops/
coffee shops/other landmarks. The organised Bike Shop rides
generally have a range of speeds/distances to choose from.

Look out for me on a yellow Cinelli with a Blue/white MET
helmet! I'll be out tomorrow doing the "round the river".

Enjoy, the weather looks great.

DeF.


--
e-mail: [email protected]
To reply, you'll have to remove finger.
Hey Def,

thanks for the reply, I decided to go to the Barrack St Jetty at 6am on saturday, and I ended up riding with this group of triathlon *FREAKS* all training for Ironman (I guess as i am, just seemed a little more hard core) one of them was the brother of Olivier Bernard (Swiss Champion) 2 guys were just back from Hawaii, so I had a slight LONGER and HARDER ride then I expected, 120 kms, but was a great ride, down to Wei KiKi,/Rockingham for coffee and wound our way back, this morning I just went out by myself for a little recovery around the river, but I plan to do a river ride next weekend with a group, would be good.

any recommendations for during the week, I was told the subby Dome ride was good and also the Old Pappas ride was good as well.

and a thumbs up to All About Bike Hire in Perth, I am riding a Avanti Kona Pro series, 105 equipped, rides pretty good, but Noticeabley heavier then my ride waiting for me at home.

Do you ride during the week ? which rides ? I will look out for you.

My bike is all White, Shimano wheels, and I am all black with grey helmet, Bling Bling new Shimano silver shoes!
 

cyclist2

New Member
May 9, 2004
233
0
0
MikeyOz said:
Hey Def,

thanks for the reply, I decided to go to the Barrack St Jetty at 6am on saturday, and I ended up riding with this group of triathlon *FREAKS* all training for Ironman (I guess as i am, just seemed a little more hard core) one of them was the brother of Olivier Bernard (Swiss Champion) 2 guys were just back from Hawaii, so I had a slight LONGER and HARDER ride then I expected, 120 kms, but was a great ride, down to Wei KiKi,/Rockingham for coffee and wound our way back, this morning I just went out by myself for a little recovery around the river, but I plan to do a river ride next weekend with a group, would be good.

any recommendations for during the week, I was told the subby Dome ride was good and also the Old Pappas ride was good as well.

and a thumbs up to All About Bike Hire in Perth, I am riding a Avanti Kona Pro series, 105 equipped, rides pretty good, but Noticeabley heavier then my ride waiting for me at home.

Do you ride during the week ? which rides ? I will look out for you.

My bike is all White, Shimano wheels, and I am all black with grey helmet, Bling Bling new Shimano silver shoes!
Runners world have kings park rides wednesday mornings 92277281.
choice cycles in Leederville also have mornnig rides
enjoy
 

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
919
2
0
48
MikeyOz said:
I am working in perth for 2 weeks, and just organised my bike hire, and plan to join the Barrack St Jetty ride tomorrow morning, any other rides I should look out for ?? checked out the pdf on the Triathlon WA site, but not really much description of the rides... anyone know of a ride in particular that I should try out ?
Barrack at 6 on a Thursday is good. Starts under the Narrows, northern Side.

Papas starts on south terrace from Ginos at 6:30 on saturday and sunday. Big group and good pace.

I might be out on thursday and definitely on saturday.

I ride an old colnago C40, tall with silver selev helmet.
 

MikeyOz

New Member
Aug 12, 2003
942
0
0
52
byron27 said:
Barrack at 6 on a Thursday is good. Starts under the Narrows, northern Side.

Papas starts on south terrace from Ginos at 6:30 on saturday and sunday. Big group and good pace.

I might be out on thursday and definitely on saturday.

I ride an old colnago C40, tall with silver selev helmet.
cool... I was going to head out to Narrows this morning, but had to get to work early, plan to do the Narrows Thursday morning ride, North side, is the city side of the bridge correct ?
I will try the Old Papas on saturday morning as well, this is sooooo much better than sitting on that goddam bike in the gym!
 

byron27

New Member
Oct 19, 2003
919
2
0
48
MikeyOz said:
cool... I was going to head out to Narrows this morning, but had to get to work early, plan to do the Narrows Thursday morning ride, North side, is the city side of the bridge correct ?
I will try the Old Papas on saturday morning as well, this is sooooo much better than sitting on that goddam bike in the gym!
yep, north side.

should be there. having a couple of easy weeks so depends if i cbf'ed.
 

Similar threads