Pes Anserinus Tendinitis/Bursitis...what the...?

Induray

Sep 28, 2004
Hello my dear fellow cyclists:

I got recently diagnosed with tendinitis of the pes anserinus muscle group. Anybody out there has experienced this in the past. What did you do to preventing from reoccurring?? Advise/opinions are welcomed.

Induray

Induray said:
Hello my dear fellow cyclists:

I got recently diagnosed with tendinitis of the pes anserinus muscle group. Anybody out there has experienced this in the past. What did you do to preventing from reoccurring?? Advise/opinions are welcomed.

Induray
need more info....how long has this been going on? is your leg excessively externally rotated when you stand? what do you do for a living, and what position(s) do you spend a great deal of time in?

thirdeye73 said:
need more info....how long has this been going on? is your leg excessively externally rotated when you stand? what do you do for a living, and what position(s) do you spend a great deal of time in?
Thanks thirdeye73.

Well....it started early this year. I attribute my condition to using stationary bikes (Schwinn). I teach spinning once a week at a local gym.

Although my ortho did not mentioned anything about tibial rotation, I have a moderate case of pes planus (flat fleet) which causes pronation . He recommended a 3/16 inch heel wedge to correct it.

Since you asked about my job, I spend most of the time sitting doing computer work.

What bugs me is sort of a burning sensation around the patella when I flex my right knee. I can best describe it as when you have skin road rash and you stretch the skin. Very sharp pain.

The condition does not bother me while spinning or riding my road bike.

I can feel moderate amount of stiffness in my knee joints due to the pes anserinus tendinitis/bursitis.

Any experience with it? What did you do to heal? What corrective action did you take? You kept riding? and how does it feels after you healed?
Keep asking questions