Petacchi fired by Milram, they gotta snag Ciolek

thunder

Jan 8, 2006
Petacchi has been fired by Milram who will be eyeing off the Gerolsteiner talent if they cannot find a new sponsor.

They have to look at Gerald Ciolek who is in a bind at High Road, as he is the best u25 sprinter in the peloton with the exception of his teammate who happens to be the fastest sprinter in the peloton, albeit not yet the best.

CIOLEK TO MILRAM I SAY!!!:cool:

Petacchi's suspension is due to expire three days after the start of the Vuelta. He may appeal the Italian Federation to allow his suspension to end in time to allow him to race the Vuelta. If they allow it, a number of teams have already indicated they are interested in him, with (apparently) Lampre being the frontrunner right now.

Powerful Pete said:
...a number of teams have already indicated they are interested in him, with (apparently) Lampre being the frontrunner right now.
I hope they get him. After losing Bennati, they could finally fill that void. Too bad it would be too late for the Tour. With Cunego shooting for GC, that would have been one hell of a team to watch for the entire 3 weeks. Napolitano just can't match the top tier sprinters.

LewisBricktop said:
I hope they get him. After losing Bennati, they could finally fill that void. Too bad it would be too late for the Tour. With Cunego shooting for GC, that would have been one hell of a team to watch for the entire 3 weeks. Napolitano just can't match the top tier sprinters.
beg to differ

Napolitano's best finish at San Remo is better than Bennati

He is one of the fastest in the peloton, he won a Giro stage last year.

With Chicchi, Cav he is in the elite for speed. Sprinting is more than speed tho.