Petacchi riding after 1yr suspension, but Piepoli never sanctioned?

ilpirata

Aug 19, 2004
I don't believe the UCI has done anything about this inconsistancy in discipline. During same giro Petacchi and Pieopoli have high levels of Salbutimol in urine, both have TUEs, but only Petacchi is penalized. When in fact Piepoli was found to have 1/3 higher concentration than found for Petacchi. Not only that but Petacchi's wins at the Giro were annulled. Piepoli had a win also I believe, and certainly helped Simoni win a stage that year. And of course Piepoli this year has raced in two grand tours, winning a mountain stage at the tour de france. He subsequently suffering a misterious dismissal from his team following the Riccò cera epo positive.

ilpirata said:
I don't believe the UCI has done anything about this inconsistancy in discipline. During same giro Petacchi and Pieopoli have high levels of Salbutimol in urine, both have TUEs, but only Petacchi is penalized. When in fact Piepoli was found to have 1/3 higher concentration than found for Petacchi. Not only that but Petacchi's wins at the Giro were annulled. Piepoli had a win also I believe, and certainly helped Simoni win a stage that year. And of course Piepoli this year has raced in two grand tours, winning a mountain stage at the tour de france. He subsequently suffering a misterious dismissal from his team following the Riccò cera epo positive.
He was not sanctioned becuase he does not have an Italian license, he has a Monaco one. Same reason why Basso is not riding but Botero, Valverde, and Hamilton are...their Fed's chose to ignore OP.