Pete F. famous again!

Slacker wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Slacker wrote:
>>
>>>Pretty funny... http://forums13.consumerreview.com/[email protected]@.ef9934b
>>>

>>So am I! I've finally made my 15 minutes of fame on MTBRetard sliding along on Pete's coattails.
>>
>>Greg
>

> What are you talking bout.....there was only one person (Pete) in that photo.

Hmmm, maybe my browser is caching funny but I see an altered version of JD's photo:

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203022.jpg

Or I'm hallucinating.

Greg

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | Pretty funny...

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/[email protected]@.ef9934b

> Yup, very funny day in the DH forum.
>
> I wonder why so many idiots come out of the Virgin/Hurricane/St. George
area? Is it the
> water?
>
> --
> Pete Fagerlin
>
> Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

Okay, maybe it's just because I'm an IP idiot, but how is it that you were able to discern who it
really was just from the IP address? I know enough to find the IP (it's this one right?
168.179.18.42) but what do you do with it after you get it to figure out who it was or that it is
assigned to a 'puter in Utah?

Michael

> >>So am I! I've finally made my 15 minutes of fame on MTBRetard sliding along on Pete's coattails.
> >>
> >>Greg
> >

> > What are you talking bout.....there was only one person (Pete) in that photo.
> >

> Hmmm, maybe my browser is caching funny but I see an altered version of JD's photo:
>
> http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/022203022.jpg

hehe...although you're the invisible man next to Casper

> Or I'm hallucinating.
>
> Greg

hehe...although you're the invisible man next to Casper!
--
Slacker

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | Pretty funny...

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/[email protected]@.ef9934b

> Yup, very funny day in the DH forum.
>
> I wonder why so many idiots come out of the Virgin/Hurricane/St. George
area? Is it the
> water?
>
> --
> Pete Fagerlin
>
> Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

Okay, I spent a few minutes researching it and I came up with this.

OrgName: State of Utah Government OrgID: SUG-1 Address: 6110 State Office Bldg. City: Salt Lake City
StateProv: UT PostalCode: Country: US

NetRange: 168.177.0.0 - 168.180.255.255
CIDR: 168.177.0.0/16, 168.178.0.0/15, 168.180.0.0/16 NetName: STATE-B NetHandle:
NET-168-177-0-0-1 Parent: NET-168-0-0-0-0 NetType: Direct Assignment NameServer:
SPARCLER.IT.AS.EX.STATE.UT.US NameServer: DPAGRADM.IT.AS.EX.STATE.UT.US Comment:
RegDate: 1994-05-19 Updated: 2001-05-16

TechHandle: ZS135-ARIN TechName: State of Utah Government / ITS TechPhone: +1-801-538-3440
TechEmail: [email protected]

So, did you know it was a particular person just from your past run ins with him or is there
something else that tells you that information?

Michael Paul wrote:
> "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>| Pretty funny...
>>|

> http://forums13.consumerreview.com/[email protected]@.ef9934b
>
>>Yup, very funny day in the DH forum.
>>
>>I wonder why so many idiots come out of the Virgin/Hurricane/St. George
>
> area? Is it the
>
>>water?
>>
>>--
>>Pete Fagerlin
>>
>>Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm
>>

> Okay, maybe it's just because I'm an IP idiot, but how is it that you were able to discern who it
> really was just from the IP address? I know enough to find the IP (it's this one right?
> 168.179.18.42) but what do you do with it after you get it to figure out who it was or that it is
> assigned to a 'puter in Utah?

Do a traceroute on 168.179.18.42, look at the router names, and you can assume it's an Utah address.
Or you can look up who owns that IP block. But how did you get the 168.179.18.42 in the first place?

Greg

> Michael Paul wrote:
> > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:[email protected]...

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/[email protected]@.ef9934b

> >>Yup, very funny day in the DH forum.
> >>
> >>I wonder why so many idiots come out of the Virgin/Hurricane/St. George
> >
> > area? Is it the
> >
> >>water?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Pete Fagerlin
> >>
> >>Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm
> >>

> > Okay, maybe it's just because I'm an IP idiot, but how is it that you
were
> > able to discern who it really was just from the IP address? I know
enough
> > to find the IP (it's this one right? 168.179.18.42) but what do you do with it after you get it
> > to figure out who it was or that it is assigned
> > a 'puter in Utah?
> >

> Do a traceroute on 168.179.18.42, look at the router names, and you can assume it's an Utah
> address. Or you can look up who owns that IP block. But how did you get the 168.179.18.42 in the
> first place?
>
> Greg

On the MTBR thread I just did a VIEW SOURCE to see the HTML source code for the page and that showed
the IP address for the message. It actually shows the source for the entire thread but I knew that
the message in question was the first one in the thread and the IP address showed up a few lines
after the actual text in the message.

I then searched for a site that traces IP addresses and found this one
http://www.arin.net/index.html so I just entered the IP address into the search field and found that
it came from Utah.

which brings me back to the question of how did you know who it was from this? Did you just know (or
suspect) who it was from previous altercations?
F.W.I.W., I traced my own IP address and it comes back to Roadrunner but it lists it as coming from
Virginia as opposed to my actual residence.

Thanks for your explanation Greg.

"Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

| which brings me back to the question of how did you know who it was from this? Did you just know
| (or suspect) who it was from previous altercations?
| F.W.I.W., I traced my own IP address and it comes back to Roadrunner but it lists it as coming
| from Virginia as opposed to my actual residence.

There was another thread in which some kids were getting riled up. They were posting from a School
in St. George, that Doug Wilson's kids attend. It most likely was his kids.

At around the same time, he posted using his Shuntavi nickname and someone started anonymously (at
least in their minds) sniping from the UT government IP.

Given the past interchanges my gut said it was Wilson and a few IP checks confirmed that it was him
posting from the UT gov IP again.

He's still tweaked because I questioned him about a bunch of freeriding pictures that don't conform
to local BLM rules and the fact that I dropped the BLM head's name in the interchange (come to find
out he freaked out and called her right away...) and he's also tweaked becuase he's posted some
really retarded opinions about photography. He thinks that the most important thing about
photography is the equipment, not the photog.

As the mountain crumbles...

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

<snip>

> He's still tweaked because I questioned him about a bunch of freeriding
pictures that
> don't conform to local BLM rules and the fact that I dropped the BLM
head's name in the
> interchange (come to find out he freaked out and called her right away...)
and he's also
> tweaked becuase he's posted some really retarded opinions about
photography. He thinks
> that the most important thing about photography is the equipment, not the
photog.

> As the mountain crumbles...

hehehe.

He thinks that the most important thing about photography is the equipment, not the photog

Just like in cycling, everybody knows that the equipment is what makes you faster and not actual
ability right?

Michael

"Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> <snip>
>
> > He's still tweaked because I questioned him about a bunch of freeriding
> pictures that
> > don't conform to local BLM rules and the fact that I dropped the BLM
> head's name in the
> > interchange (come to find out he freaked out and called her right
away...)
> and he's also
> > tweaked becuase he's posted some really retarded opinions about
> photography. He thinks
> > that the most important thing about photography is the equipment, not
the
> photog.
> >
> > As the mountain crumbles...
> >

> hehehe.
>
> He thinks that the most important thing about photography is the
equipment,
> not the photog
>
> Just like in cycling, everybody knows that the equipment is what makes you faster and not actual
> ability right?
>
> Michael

Uh huh. At the *most* it only removes the excuse for bad equipment.

"Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Michael Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> <snip>
>
> > He's still tweaked because I questioned him about a bunch of freeriding
> pictures that
> > don't conform to local BLM rules and the fact that I dropped the BLM
> head's name in the
> > interchange (come to find out he freaked out and called her right
away...)
> and he's also
> > tweaked becuase he's posted some really retarded opinions about
> photography. He thinks
> > that the most important thing about photography is the equipment, not
the
> photog.
> >
> > As the mountain crumbles...
> >

> hehehe.
>
> He thinks that the most important thing about photography is the
equipment,
> not the photog
>
> Just like in cycling, everybody knows that the equipment is what makes you faster and not actual
> ability right?
>
> Michael

Red bikes make you faster.......................

Marty

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Pretty funny... http://forums13.consumerreview.com/[email protected]@.ef9934b

He IS a god!

Hours in front of a computer. Mug next to the monitor.... Years and years of hard work (those things
don't grow overnight). Total dedication to full-flavored brews (cheesburger in every glass)
reflecting that his body is subjected to ONLY the finest crafted beverages.

Brewers throughout the world are probably contacting him NOW to be their spokesman!

All that picture needs is a "No Lite Beer" logo to be complete.

nk 'full day of brewing tomorrow'