Pete Mazur?

jerry in vermont

Guest
Mazur got 11th in the prologue. Isnt that the kid from upstate new
york who's dad is czech? Thats a pretty good ride.

On 4 Jun 2006 15:38:03 -0700, "jerry in vermont"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Mazur got 11th in the prologue. Isnt that the kid from upstate new
>york who's dad is czech?

Polish family origins. And I think on this side of the Atlantic the
family is in Canda.

But yeah, he's was the strong kid who raced around the Northeast US a
few years ago, including for Kissena and some guest riding with
CRCA/Hot Tubes.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

didn't mazur win world's tt as an espoir,
or was it as a junior? either way, he had
the pipes when he needed it. great to
seehim in the news again. i recall he had
some top finishes in georgia last month.
hey jerry - what jp got cooked for autumn?
e-RICHIE

jerry in vermont wrote:
> Mazur got 11th in the prologue. Isnt that the kid from upstate new
> york who's dad is czech? Thats a pretty good ride.

His dad, Mirek, lives (lived?) in Ancaster, just outside Hamiton, Canada.

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On 4 Jun 2006 15:38:03 -0700, "jerry in vermont"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Mazur got 11th in the prologue. Isnt that the kid from upstate new
> >york who's dad is czech?

> Polish family origins. And I think on this side of the Atlantic the
> family is in Canda.
>
> But yeah, he's was the strong kid who raced around the Northeast US a
> few years ago, including for Kissena and some guest riding with
> CRCA/Hot Tubes.

Dumbass -

For everything that Mazur accomplishes, credit should go to Greg Avon.
Mazur would have been nothing without him.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kyle Legate wrote:
> jerry in vermont wrote:
> > Mazur got 11th in the prologue. Isnt that the kid from upstate new
> > york who's dad is czech? Thats a pretty good ride.
> >

> His dad, Mirek, lives (lived?) in Ancaster, just outside Hamiton, Canada.

that is what I thought. wasn't sure that was the same kid. when did
he get on a pro tour team? last i saw him he was splitting time
between here and there on various national teams and with TS.

he is still pretty young isnt he? is he still U23? that is a good
result.

e-RICHIE wrote:
> didn't mazur win world's tt as an espoir,
> or was it as a junior? either way, he had
> the pipes when he needed it. great to
> seehim in the news again. i recall he had
> some top finishes in georgia last month.
> hey jerry - what jp got cooked for autumn?
> e-RICHIE

i dunno. i got a note saying the website needs to be updated, and to
write something. I have no clue whats going on, so I couldnt.

All I know is, he is doing the philly week, and nature valley, and
going back earlier this year cause there is no san fran.

contract wise, he signed a 2 year deal with Cervelo.

"jerry in vermont" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news: [email protected]...

> Kyle Legate wrote:
>> jerry in vermont wrote:
>> > Mazur got 11th in the prologue. Isnt that the kid from upstate new
>> > york who's dad is czech? Thats a pretty good ride.
>> >

>> His dad, Mirek, lives (lived?) in Ancaster, just outside Hamiton, Canada.

> that is what I thought. wasn't sure that was the same kid. when did
> he get on a pro tour team? last i saw him he was splitting time
> between here and there on various national teams and with TS.
>
> he is still pretty young isnt he? is he still U23? that is a good
> result.

He also rode the Giro for SDV this year. DNF'ed on stage 18.

jerry in vermont wrote:
> Kyle Legate wrote:
>
>>jerry in vermont wrote:
>>
>>>Mazur got 11th in the prologue. Isnt that the kid from upstate new
>>>york who's dad is czech? Thats a pretty good ride.
>>>

>>His dad, Mirek, lives (lived?) in Ancaster, just outside Hamiton, Canada.

> that is what I thought. wasn't sure that was the same kid. when did
> he get on a pro tour team? last i saw him he was splitting time
> between here and there on various national teams and with TS.
>
> he is still pretty young isnt he? is he still U23? that is a good
> result.

I'm pretty sure he's still U23; I rode with him for a while when he was
15 (and was kicking my ass already) but I can't place the year exactly,
maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Another correction to your original note: his
dad's Polish, not Czech, and a taskmaster about the bike. It's no wonder
his kid is so good.

I'm not certain this Peter is the same one cause I haven't seen a good
picture if him yet.

In article
<[email protected]>,
"jerry in vermont" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Kyle Legate wrote:
> > jerry in vermont wrote:
> > > Mazur got 11th in the prologue. Isnt that the kid from upstate new
> > > york who's dad is czech? Thats a pretty good ride.
> > >

> > His dad, Mirek, lives (lived?) in Ancaster, just outside Hamiton, Canada.

> that is what I thought. wasn't sure that was the same kid. when did
> he get on a pro tour team? last i saw him he was splitting time
> between here and there on various national teams and with TS.
>
> he is still pretty young isnt he? is he still U23? that is a good
> result.

02.12.1982
<http://www.trap-friis.dk/cykling/poland.Mazur.htm>

`You can look it up.'
-- Casey Stengel

`Math is hard. Let's go shopping'
-- Pheno Barbi Dahl

--
Michael Press

Kyle Legate wrote:

> I'm pretty sure he's still U23; I rode with him for a while when he was
> 15 (and was kicking my ass already) but I can't place the year exactly,
> maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Another correction to your original note: his
> dad's Polish, not Czech, and a taskmaster about the bike. It's no wonder
> his kid is so good.
>
> I'm not certain this Peter is the same one cause I haven't seen a good
> picture if him yet.

dumbass,

of course it's the same guy. and it was more than 5-6 years ago geezer.
he's no longer u-23, in fact he's the elite polish tt champion.
obviously the fact his dad is a coach helped with his development.

but what does impress upon me is what it takes to be a euro pro. the
"kid" as he was known was beating seniors as a u-17. though he's in the
protour, he's still pretty much anonymous.

the message is this: if you've been racing 3-4 years and you can't
*dominate* local races, you will not become a euro pro.

On 5 Jun 2006 21:28:26 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Kyle Legate wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty sure he's still U23; I rode with him for a while when he was
>> 15 (and was kicking my ass already) but I can't place the year exactly,
>> maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Another correction to your original note: his
>> dad's Polish, not Czech, and a taskmaster about the bike. It's no wonder
>> his kid is so good.
>>
>> I'm not certain this Peter is the same one cause I haven't seen a good
>> picture if him yet.

>dumbass,
>
>of course it's the same guy. and it was more than 5-6 years ago geezer.
>he's no longer u-23, in fact he's the elite polish tt champion.
>obviously the fact his dad is a coach helped with his development.
>
>but what does impress upon me is what it takes to be a euro pro. the
>"kid" as he was known was beating seniors as a u-17. though he's in the
>protour, he's still pretty much anonymous.

Yeah.

He won one of our bigger regional races -- the Bear Mountain Spring
Classic -- a few years ago outriding the Navigators. And he's come
second to Mark or Frank McCormack the day before at Sterling Mass.

JT