Peter Lüttenberger joins Team CSC

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tony, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Guest

from CSC website:

Strong Climber Joins the Squad

Peter Lüttenberger has been brought to Team CSC in order to strengthen the team and a few additional
    riders will join him in the coming weeks. Team CSC has had the strong Austrian climber in their
    sights for some time and the contract with the 31-year-old Lüttenberger has now finally been signed
    – so far for the remainder of the season.

”Lüttenberger is a very strong climber and he has shown a keen interest in our team. We have
    wanted to strengthen the squad for some time now and it is nice to be able to add such a strong
    rider as Lüttenberger. He is due to start out for the team in the Tour of Luxembourg next week. He
    has had quite a long break from racing but he is eager to make results right from the start. We have
    given him the chance and we will see how he performs. Later we will decide whether he is fit to do
    the Tour”, says Bjarne Riis about the new addition to the team.

”I am very happy to be given the chance at Team CSC. It is a good squad that many riders
    want to join. I know several of the riders from other teams I have been with and I am looking
    forward to joining a well-organised team. I have been training hard but I am not quite sure how my
    current level of fitness compares to the other riders in the peloton. Hopefully, I will be able to
    live up the confidence that the team has shown me”, says Peter Lüttenberger speaking from
    his Monaco home.

Tags:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.