Peter Van Sliet Posisitive Drug Test?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by jerry in vermont, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. >From cyclocrossonline :

    http://www.cyclocrossonline.be/html2004/nieuws/januari/31petervsant.htm

    If i read this correctly, PVS has popped? Or is it just the confusing
    euro sentence structure, and he was thought to have popped, but in fact
    it is NIET positive?

    Somebody with language skills wanna translate this? babblefish makes a
    mess outa dutch.

    wouldnt expect a upper mid packer like PVS to be doped.

    Tags:

  2. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > http://www.cyclocrossonline.be/html2004/nieuws/januari/31petervsant.htm
    >
    > If i read this correctly, PVS has popped? Or is it just the confusing
    > euro sentence structure, and he was thought to have popped, but in fact
    > it is NIET positive?
    >
    > Somebody with language skills wanna translate this? babblefish makes a
    > mess outa dutch.

    I says that there were rumors this weekend that Peter van Santvliet had tested positive.
    But Fidea management said in a press release that there was no positve test and also
    Peter van Santvliet got a letter today that there were no prohibited substances in his
    urinemonster of januari 5th. So it's all a storm in a glass of water ;-)

    "jerry in vermont" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > >From cyclocrossonline :

    > http://www.cyclocrossonline.be/html2004/nieuws/januari/31petervsant.htm
    >
    > If i read this correctly, PVS has popped? Or is it just the confusing
    > euro sentence structure, and he was thought to have popped, but in fact
    > it is NIET positive?
    >
    > Somebody with language skills wanna translate this? babblefish makes a
    > mess outa dutch.
    >
    > wouldnt expect a upper mid packer like PVS to be doped.

  3. oh good. he seems like a carry the lunch, quiet hard working kinda
    rider, so that seemed really odd.

    i should learn dutch and get it overwith.
    thanks for the translation.

  4. Ronald wrote:

    > Peter van Santvliet got a letter today that there were no prohibited

    substances in his
    > urinemonster of januari 5th. So it's all a storm in a glass of water

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    This is the best phrase ever coined on RBR.
    And who says talk of doping leads to nothing worthwhile?

    Ben

  5. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Ronald" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > So it's all a storm in a glass of water ;-)

    The English phrase is "Tempest in a Teacup". But it means the same.

  6. I assumed he meant "urinemonster".

  7. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    breakawaycoaching wrote:

    > I assumed he meant "urinemonster".

    'monster' translates to sample in Dutch.