Petition to keep bikes off the roads

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bean, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Bean

    Bean Guest

    Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling our way of life. They are
    not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even count the times that I have
    nearly been run over by a selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    I've had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous and I believe that we
    should let the few bad apples that don't follow the rules spoil it for everyone. After all, boycotts
    and banning are so much more effective than education, right?

    Anyone want to sign my petition?

    Thank you

    Tags:

  2. "Bean" <[email protected]> spake thusly on or about Sat, 7 Dec 2002
    18:15:02 UTC

    -> Anyone want to sign my petition? -> if you sign mine to ban private motor vehicle ownership.

    --
    I hurt before the ride so fibro gives me a head start on the rest of the pack. silver lining?
    [email protected]

  3. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    also, the stench of bike rider BO spoils the industrial essence of car emissions. also we need to
    drive more cars, to replete the ozone layer. be a patriot. the ozone layer needs your help

  4. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    "Bean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling
    our
    > way of life. They are not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even count
    > the times that I have nearly been run over by
    > selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    I've
    > had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous
    and
    > I believe that we should let the few bad apples that don't follow the
    rules
    > spoil it for everyone. After all, boycotts and banning are so much more effective than
    > education, right?
    >
    > Anyone want to sign my petition?
    >
    > Thank you

    wrong newsgroup: you need to post to alt.road-bike

  5. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Bean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling
    our
    > way of life. They are not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even count
    > the times that I have nearly been run over by
    > selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    I've
    > had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous
    and
    > I believe that we should let the few bad apples that don't follow the
    rules
    > spoil it for everyone. After all, boycotts and banning are so much more effective than
    > education, right?
    >
    > Anyone want to sign my petition?
    >
    > Thank you

    Hehehehehe...hahahahaaha...Bwahahahahaha...<snort>...eheheheheeehahahahahhoh ohoho!!!!!... Stop
    it!... hohohohahaha... yer killing me!...hehehee...sniff...whew!...Oh man.

  6. Bean <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling
    our
    > way of life. They are not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even count
    > the times that I have nearly been run over by
    > selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    I've
    > had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous
    and
    > I believe that we should let the few bad apples that don't follow the
    rules
    > spoil it for everyone. After all, boycotts and banning are so much more effective than
    > education, right?

    Clip Clop Clip Clop

    Please can I go over your bridge

  7. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "Bean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling our way of life. They are
    > not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even count the times that I have
    > nearly been run over by a selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    > I've had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous and I believe that we
    > should let the few bad apples that don't follow the rules spoil it for everyone. After all,
    > boycotts and banning are so much more effective than education, right?
    >
    > Anyone want to sign my petition?

    You just moved to Boston at the beginning of this year so the bikes were there long before you were.
    Move if you don't like them . Problem solved.

  8. David

    David Guest

    So are you trying to promote an un-healthier lifestyle? Make all of the people who commute to work
    everyday buy a car, and pollute the world? Will they have to cancel the Tour de' France this year?
    Some people have to ride the road to get to the trail head.

    WOW!

    surprised natural selection hasn't picked this one off yet...

    "Bean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling
    our
    > way of life. They are not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even count
    > the times that I have nearly been run over by
    > selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    I've
    > had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous
    and
    > I believe that we should let the few bad apples that don't follow the
    rules
    > spoil it for everyone. After all, boycotts and banning are so much more effective than
    > education, right?
    >
    > Anyone want to sign my petition?
    >
    > Thank you

  9. N_a_j

    N_a_j Guest

    "Bean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling our way of life. They are
    > not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even count the times that I have
    > nearly been run over by a selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    > I've had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous and I believe that we
    > should let the few bad apples that don't follow the rules spoil it for everyone. After all,
    > boycotts and banning are so much more effective than education, right?
    >
    > Anyone want to sign my petition?
    >
    > Thank you

    I think you need to get a life. F--k off,TROLL!

  10. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    "Bean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling
    our
    > way of life. They are not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even count
    > the times that I have nearly been run over by
    > selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    I've
    > had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous
    and
    > I believe that we should let the few bad apples that don't follow the
    rules
    > spoil it for everyone. After all, boycotts and banning are so much more effective than
    > education, right?
    >
    > Anyone want to sign my petition?

    I'll sign.

    -John Morgan ;)
    --
    To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

  11. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 13:15:02 -0500, "Bean" <[email protected]> wrote:

    [snip]
    > After all, boycotts and banning are so much more effective than education, right?
    >
    >Anyone want to sign my petition?
    >
    >Thank you
    Folks is it just me or did everyone miss this? From this last comment I really think this was a
    'tongue-in-cheek' post, not to be taken seriously.

    Perhaps I'm wrong.....wouldn't be the first time.

    Now go out and hug some damn trees!!!!!!!!

    :-]

  12. On Sat, 07 Dec 2002 13:15:02 +0000, Bean did issue forth:

    > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling our way of life. They are
    > not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even count the times that I have
    > nearly been run over by a selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    > I've had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous and I believe that we
    > should let the few bad apples that don't follow the rules spoil it for everyone. After all,
    > boycotts and banning are so much more effective than education, right?

    Isn't getting bikes off the road largely what this group is about anyway? ;-)

    --
    Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

  13. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "Bean" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling our way of life. They are
    >not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even count the times that I have
    >nearly been run over by a selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    >I've had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous and I believe that we
    >should let the few bad apples that don't follow the rules spoil it for everyone. After all,
    >boycotts and banning are so much more effective than education, right?

    If you ever attempt newsgroup sarcasm again, you'll want to do it with a little less finesse and a
    lot more bludgeon.

  14. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    > "Bean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling
    > our
    > > way of life. They are not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even
    > > count the times that I have nearly been run over
    by
    > > selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    > I've
    > > had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous
    > and
    > > I believe that we should let the few bad apples that don't follow the
    > rules
    > > spoil it for everyone. After all, boycotts and banning are so much more effective than
    > > education, right?
    > >
    > > Anyone want to sign my petition?
    > >
    > > Thank you

    Hehehehehe...hahahahaaha...Bwahahahahaha...<snort>...eheheheheeehahahahahhoh
    > ohoho!!!!!... Stop it!... hohohohahaha... yer killing me!...hehehee...sniff...whew!...Oh man.

    no shit. I am imagining a tree sitter up in their Redwood, with a lap top and sattelite connection,
    thinking up trolls...

    penny

  15. Martees

    Martees Guest

    "Scribe2b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > also, the stench of bike rider BO spoils the industrial essence of car emissions. also we need to
    > drive more cars, to replete the ozone layer. be a patriot. the ozone layer needs your help

    How do you "replete" the ozone layer?

  16. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > So are you trying to promote an un-healthier lifestyle? Make all of the people who commute to work
    > everyday buy a car, and pollute the world? Will they have to cancel the Tour de' France this year?
    > Some people have to
    ride
    > the road to get to the trail head.
    >
    > WOW!
    >
    > surprised natural selection hasn't picked this one off yet...

    Man, you practically jumped in the boat...

  17. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  18. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 07 Dec 2002 13:15:02 +0000, Bean did issue forth:
    >
    > > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling
    our
    > > way of life. They are not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even
    > > count the times that I have nearly been run over
    by a
    > > selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    I've
    > > had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous
    and
    > > I believe that we should let the few bad apples that don't follow the
    rules
    > > spoil it for everyone. After all, boycotts and banning are so much more effective than
    > > education, right?
    >
    > Isn't getting bikes off the road largely what this group is about anyway? ;-)

    Yeah! Cinders needs to sign this. Maybe her SO will ride with her then. ;^)

    Mike

  19. Bean

    Bean Guest

    Yeah, and a special thank you to you for not reading the whole message and making my day truly
    special. In case you ever decide to read the entire message, it is a JOKE! Apparently my attempt at
    sarcasm fell short, but I really don't appreciate being told to fuck off by someone who can't finish
    reading an entire paragraph. And don't ever call me a troll. I'd rather be called a scummy pig or a
    conservative, anything but a troll. The fuck off part was truly original, though.

    "N_A_J" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Bean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hi, I live in Boston, and I believe that bikes on the road are spoiling
    our
    > > way of life. They are not only in the way, but cause a road hazard for drivers. I can't even
    > > count the times that I have nearly been run over
    by a
    > > selfish roadie while walking through the crosswalk ( that's not a joke,
    I've
    > > had a lot of close calls walking to work). They are extremely dangerous
    and
    > > I believe that we should let the few bad apples that don't follow the
    rules
    > > spoil it for everyone. After all, boycotts and banning are so much more effective than
    > > education, right?
    > >
    > > Anyone want to sign my petition?
    > >
    > > Thank you
    >
    > I think you need to get a life. F--k off,TROLL!

  20. Tim Burgher

    Tim Burgher Guest

    One of my armpit smells and the other does not. I wash and treat each armpit the same. I call one
    armit the "rouge pit", and I make sure that when riding on roads that shirt sleeve is well
    ventilated so the green air flows into car windows.