petrol stations in Scotland

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Theo, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. Theo

    Theo Guest

    Hi,

    Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA

    --
    "Beannachd leibh"

    Theo
    www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

    Tags:

  2. Theo wrote

    > Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    > OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA

    They're not that hard to find. I'm sure between us we can advise
    you where the ones are in the area you are curious about.

    Chris

  3. Theo

    Theo Guest

    "Chris Gilbert" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > Theo wrote
    >
    >> Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    >> OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA

    > They're not that hard to find. I'm sure between us we can advise
    > you where the ones are in the area you are curious about.

    I'm going through the yellow pages on yell.com atm but it's hard work
    switching between Anquet and Yell all the time. They've 100 filling stations
    listed in Scotland but no gridreferences. I'm only interested in filling
    stations north of the Highland Boundary Fault and outside places like
    Aberdeen etc.

    --
    "Beannachd leibh"

    Theo
    www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

  4. Theo wrote

    > stations north of the Highland Boundary Fault and outside places like
    > Aberdeen etc.

    Specifically the East or all over ?

  5. On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:33:06 +0100, "Theo" <[email protected]> wrote:

    |Hi,
    |
    |Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    |OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA

    The out of the way ones are not open normal hours :-(

    Better idea is to keep your tank 3/4 full, plus a 5 liter can.
    --
    Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk> Google Groups is IME the *worst*

  6. Tom Crispin

    Tom Crispin Guest

    On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:40:41 +0100, "Theo" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Chris Gilbert" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    >news:[email protected]
    >> Theo wrote
    >>
    >>> Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    >>> OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA

    >> They're not that hard to find. I'm sure between us we can advise
    >> you where the ones are in the area you are curious about.

    >I'm going through the yellow pages on yell.com atm but it's hard work
    >switching between Anquet and Yell all the time. They've 100 filling stations
    >listed in Scotland but no gridreferences. I'm only interested in filling
    >stations north of the Highland Boundary Fault and outside places like
    >Aberdeen etc.

    Perhaps it would save you time if you just carried a spare can of fuel
    in your car.
    --
    Let us have a moment of silence for all Americans who
    are now stuck in traffic on their way to a health club

  7. Theo wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    > OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA

    Theo, you may find http://www.petrolprices.com/ useful. You'll need to
    register (which may involve pretending to live in the UK ;-) )
    Type in the town where you are going and it will create a list of petrol
    stations in the area, with current prices and maps.

    --
    Dave McLaughlin

    Homo Sapiens Non Urinat In Ventum

  8. Theo

    Theo Guest

  9. Theo

    Theo Guest

  10. Theo

    Theo Guest

    "Dave McLaughlin" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > Theo wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    >> OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA
    >>

    > Theo, you may find http://www.petrolprices.com/ useful. You'll need to
    > register (which may involve pretending to live in the UK ;-) )
    > Type in the town where you are going and it will create a list of petrol
    > stations in the area, with current prices and maps.

    I'll try that. Thanks.

    --

  11. Theo wrote:
    > "Dave McLaughlin" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Theo wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    >>> OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA
    >>>

    >> Theo, you may find http://www.petrolprices.com/ useful. You'll
    >> need to register (which may involve pretending to live in the UK
    >> ;-) ) Type in the town where you are going and it will create a
    >> list of
    >> petrol stations in the area, with current prices and maps.

    > I'll try that. Thanks.

    This might help.

    http://www.scotland.gov.uk/library5/rural/rrpsgs-11.asp

    --

    Don`t Worry, Be Happy

    Sandy
    --

    E-Mail:- [email protected]
    Website:- http://www.ftscotland.co.uk

  12. Theo

    Theo Guest

    "Sandy Birrell" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > Theo wrote:
    >> "Dave McLaughlin" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>> Theo, you may find http://www.petrolprices.com/ useful. You'll
    >>> need to register (which may involve pretending to live in the UK
    >>> ;-) ) Type in the town where you are going and it will create a list of
    >>> petrol stations in the area, with current prices and maps.

    >> I'll try that. Thanks.

    > This might help.
    >
    > http://www.scotland.gov.uk/library5/rural/rrpsgs-11.asp

    Thanks. Good total view.

    --

  13. Theo wrote:
    > "Sandy Birrell" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > news:[email protected]
    >>

    >> This might help.
    >>
    >> http://www.scotland.gov.uk/library5/rural/rrpsgs-11.asp

    > Thanks. Good total view.

    I found this too, it might be a bit better.

    http://www.upmystreet.com/UK/findmynearest/travel-and-tourism/petrol-stations/in/scotland.html

    --

    Don`t Worry, Be Happy

    Sandy
    --

    E-Mail:- [email protected]
    Website:- http://www.ftscotland.co.uk
    Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019
    Fishig Wild at http://www.wild-fishing-scotland.co.uk/

  14. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    Dave Fawthrop wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:33:06 +0100, "Theo" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >|Hi,
    >|
    >|Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    >|OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA
    >
    >The out of the way ones are not open normal hours :-(
    >
    >Better idea is to keep your tank 3/4 full, plus a 5 liter can.

    A far better plan is to fill up where fuel is cheaper. When I was in
    Scotland in February the Old Inns Interchange station on the A80 at
    Cumbernauld was cheaper than the ones in London. It helps if you drive
    something like a diesel that will go for 600 miles on a tank-full.

    The filling station in Ullapool has no prices displayed on the large
    sign, as one of the locals said, "If you need to fill up you don't
    need to know the price." The fact that they couldn't fit four digits
    in the sign was a factor too of course. More than a pound for a litre
    is getting on for the five pound gallon <ouch>

  15. On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:54:01 +0000, Phil Cook
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    |Dave Fawthrop wrote:
    |
    |>On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:33:06 +0100, "Theo" <[email protected]> wrote:
    |>
    |>|Hi,
    |>|
    |>|Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    |>|OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA
    |>
    |>The out of the way ones are not open normal hours :-(
    |>
    |>Better idea is to keep your tank 3/4 full, plus a 5 liter can.
    |
    |A far better plan is to fill up where fuel is cheaper.

    Cheap petrol in Scotland (north of Glasgow - Edinburgh)
    What planet are you on ;-)
    --
    Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk> Google Groups is IME the *worst*

  16. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    Dave Fawthrop wrote:

    >On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:54:01 +0000, Phil Cook
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >|Dave Fawthrop wrote:

    >|>|

    >|>The out of the way ones are not open normal hours :-(
    >|>
    >|>Better idea is to keep your tank 3/4 full, plus a 5 liter can.
    >|
    >|A far better plan is to fill up where fuel is cheaper.
    >
    >Cheap petrol in Scotland (north of Glasgow - Edinburgh)
    >What planet are you on ;-)

    Well this might help you belive me
    http://www.petrolprices.com/search.html?search=Cumbernauld,+Glasgow,+Dunbartonshire

  17. Theo

    Theo Guest

    "Dave Fawthrop" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:54:01 +0000, Phil Cook
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > |Dave Fawthrop wrote:

    > |>|

    > |>The out of the way ones are not open normal hours :-(
    > |>
    > |>Better idea is to keep your tank 3/4 full, plus a 5 liter can.
    > |
    > |A far better plan is to fill up where fuel is cheaper.
    >
    > Cheap petrol in Scotland (north of Glasgow - Edinburgh)
    > What planet are you on ;-)

    It's true. In places where you think 'this must be the only filling station
    in a hundred miles' you expect to be ripped off but it's often the opposite.

    --
    "Beannachd leibh"

    Theo
    www.theosphotos.fotopic.net

  18. Bitstring <[email protected]>, from the
    wonderful person Theo <[email protected]> said
    <snip>
    >> |A far better plan is to fill up where fuel is cheaper.
    >>
    >> Cheap petrol in Scotland (north of Glasgow - Edinburgh)
    >> What planet are you on ;-)

    >It's true. In places where you think 'this must be the only filling station
    >in a hundred miles' you expect to be ripped off but it's often the opposite.

    Yep, if you -really- want to get ripped off the best place I found was
    the A/M74 between Carlisle and Glasgow (OK, it gets better as you near
    Glasgow), where every filling station I saw was well, well over the odds
    compared to the English side of the border (this was a few years back
    but I doubt it got any better).

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can

  19. Tom Crispin

    Tom Crispin Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It helps if you drive
    >something like a diesel that will go for 600 miles on a tank-full.

    My Peugeot 406 Diesel has a 75l tank. I can just about manage 1000
    miles on one tank, if I drive with care.
    --
    Let us have a moment of silence for all Americans who
    are now stuck in traffic on their way to a health club
    to ride a stationary bicycle. -
    Congressman Earl Blumenauer (Oregon)

  20. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...

    > "Chris Gilbert" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Theo wrote
    > >
    > >> Does someone know where I can find a list with petrolstations with
    > >> OSgridnumbers in Scotland. TIA

    > > They're not that hard to find. I'm sure between us we can advise
    > > you where the ones are in the area you are curious about.

    > I'm going through the yellow pages on yell.com atm but it's hard work
    > switching between Anquet and Yell all the time. They've 100 filling stations
    > listed in Scotland but no gridreferences. I'm only interested in filling
    > stations north of the Highland Boundary Fault and outside places like
    > Aberdeen etc.

    The main problem you'll encounter with filling stations is that of
    finding LPG. Other than that most towns should have petrol and diesel
    I'd have thought.

    --
    To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
    where common sense dictates.