Hi, all,
I'm a complete newbie and I'm hoping that you will provide me with some information about a bike I have. It is a Peugeot Carbolite 103 as well. Serial number Y21125635. Some of the components are Weinmann brake lever, Peugeot caliper brakes, Suntour Seven derailer. I don't know how to tell what the wheels are made of. What else would be helpful to let you know about this bike?
I want to know if this bike is worth fixing up to be a first road bike. I'm new to this as I've not really biked much, but I'm rehab-ing an injury and the doc told me stop running, etc. and start biking. Maybe I should find a different beginner road bike, but thought I'd see if the Peugeot is a possiblity. I bought several years ago at Goodwill for $15 bucks!
As a newbie, where would be a good place to learn about bikes, components, etc.? I'm afraid if I go into a bike shop, I'd be overwhelmed because I know nothing. I'd like to educate myself about biking so that I can make informed decisions later.
Thanks for you help!