Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Peugeot fixed gear BB / crank question

Started by Stephen Dimmick · · Last activity · 1 post · 229 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
14 August 2006
Last activity
14 August 2006
Original author
Stephen Dimmick
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
229
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello all,

    I'm in the process of converting a beaufitul vintage Peugeot to a
    fixed gear. I've rebuilt the freewheel with a standard track hub and I'm
    now ready to replace the bottom bracket and crankset. After reading
    several excellent articles by Sheldon Brown, it appears that going with
    this combination of cups[1] and spindle[2] seems to be the most
    affordable option (I can't exactly afford the luxury of Phil Wood
    components as I'm paying my way through school!). However, the smallest
    available spindle size is the one pictured - 113mm, and as I'm new to
    the fixed gear world, I'm a little unsure as to whether or not there are
    suitable cranks to give me a solid chainline.

    Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

    [1] http://harriscyclery.net/itemdetails.cfm?ID=2169
    [2] http://harriscyclery.net/itemdetails.cfm?ID=1363

    Thanks much,
    --
    stephen dimmick :: [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.