Peugeot Racing Bike Identification

swiss_steve

Dec 12, 2005
Hi all,

Can anyone give me any clues about the model, type, year of manufacture, etc. of my Peugeot racing bike?
I have reluctantly decided to sell the bike as I'm now focusing more on Mountain Bike pursuits, and need to get a reasonable decription together to advertise the machine.

I've got more pictures which I can either e-mail anybody or post on my website, to help identification.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and advice.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

I owned one of these, can't remember the model number , but I purchased it in 1984. Loved the bike, regretted selling it. Do you still have this one??

Eric

swiss_steve said:
Hi all,

Can anyone give me any clues about the model, type, year of manufacture, etc. of my Peugeot racing bike?
I have reluctantly decided to sell the bike as I'm now focusing more on Mountain Bike pursuits, and need to get a reasonable decription together to advertise the machine.

I've got more pictures which I can either e-mail anybody or post on my website, to help identification.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and advice.

Cheers,

Steve

Looks like a PG10 from about 1987/8. Simplex gears, Stronglight crank, CLB brakes, Reynolds 501 frame.

I don't think it is a PG10, I think they had the rear brake cable routed through guides brazed on the top tube. This bike has the brake cable routed though the top tube. Maybe they built the PG10 both ways.

Check the bottom bracket for serial number. Usual starts with a letter. The first number should mark the manufacturing year. I have couple same kind of Peugeots from 88'. But about selling it, I don't know. Usually they are not worth so much money.

Check under the bb shell but only while you're riding. Otherwise it's invisible. I know that sounds strange but just work with me.