peugeot road bike

dejonica

Oct 1, 2003
Hi,
Apologies if this is not the correct forum to post in (feel free to move if so).
I purchased a 2nd hand Peugeot road bike a couple of months back and haven't been able to find any info on it on the web.

It has blue stickers, along the top bar, 'competition' and 2000.
It has shimano rsx shifters, 7 speed gears etc
I'm interested in finding out what the original price was, original equipment these bikes were fitted with etc

A couple of pics are at:

bike-front.jpg

and
bike-side.jpg

if anyone has any info, it'd be appreciated..

thanks!

I bought a Competition 2000 in Oct 1997 for £550.00 GBP.
It is also white with blues lettering. Bought it from a top cycling shop in bath, somerset, uk: Total Fitness, 9 SARACEN STREET
BATH, AVON, BA1 5BR.

Have just cought front wheel in a large slotted DRAIN and am looking for a cheap new one here in UK. Managed to bend the alloy back, now ridable.

cheers, Julian.

Originally posted by dejonica
Hi,
Apologies if this is not the correct forum to post in (feel free to move if so).
I purchased a 2nd hand Peugeot road bike a couple of months back and haven't been able to find any info on it on the web.

It has blue stickers, along the top bar, 'competition' and 2000.
It has shimano rsx shifters, 7 speed gears etc
I'm interested in finding out what the original price was, original equipment these bikes were fitted with etc

A couple of pics are at:

bike-front.jpg

and
bike-side.jpg

Links don't work, and what makes you think what is on it is not original. A peugeot with 7 speed RSX was not worth much to start with, and next to nothing used.