Peugeot Team Lite 1500

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Happyy, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. Happyy

    Happyy Guest

    Hi,

    Has any body out there got experience with Peugeot Team Lite 1500 road bike?

    I m looking at getting a second hand one about 4 years old.

    Thank you very much

    Happyy

    Tags:

  2. Jedharrison

    Jedharrison Guest

    --------------A4D5443A01778FAAB64F4BEC Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

    Don't know the "Team Lite 1500." Could it be a team line?

    I brought back a 2000 "Team Line" (no "1500" or other model-name appendage) frame when I was in
    France a couple years ago. I hadn't seen a contemporary era (and never seen a "pro level) Peugeot in
    the States for years. Disappointing to see Peugeot, Gitane and Vitus disappear from the pro peleton.
    La Pierre and Decathlon are pretty much department store type bikes and the pro frames are
    apparently custom built (e.g. Cyfac) in team livery.

    I was attracted to the Peug by the beautiful finish and paint scheme (from the Festina/Virenque era
    . . . Blue/White fade). I'm also somewhat of a French bike fanatic; I already owned 2 Vitus
    (Vitii?), and I also brought back a LOOK from France as well.

    The Team Line is made in FRANCE (most modern consumer models aren't), with oversized aluminum
    tubing, smoothed TIG welded joints (no visible welds), straight fork, short wheelbase, "arched"
    seatstays.

    Very stiff (in 56cm), responsive frame. I set mine up with Stronglight , TA, Mavic, LOOK components.

    Photo if you're interested.

    Jed

    Happyy wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Has any body out there got experience with Peugeot Team Lite 1500 road bike?
    >
    > I m looking at getting a second hand one about 4 years old.
    >
    > Thank you very much
    >
    > Happyy

    --------------A4D5443A01778FAAB64F4BEC Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

    <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> Don't know the "Team Lite
    1500." Could it be a team <i>line</i>?
    France a couple years ago. I hadn't seen a contemporary era (and never seen a "pro level)
    Peugeot in the States for years. Disappointing to see Peugeot, Gitane and Vitus disappear
    from the pro peleton. La Pierre and Decathlon are pretty much department store type bikes
    and the pro frames are apparently custom built (e.g. Cyfac) in team livery.
    <q>I was attracted to the Peug by the beautiful finish and paint scheme (from the Festina/Virenque
    era . . . Blue/White fade). I'm also somewhat of a French bike fanatic; I already owned 2
    Vitus (Vitii?), and I also brought back a LOOK from France as well.
    <r>The Team Line is made in FRANCE (most modern consumer models aren't), with oversized aluminum
    tubing, smoothed TIG welded joints (no visible welds), straight fork, short wheelbase, "arched"
    seatstays.
    <s>Very stiff (in 56cm), responsive frame. I set mine up with Stronglight , TA, Mavic, LOOK
    components.
    <t>Photo if you're interested.
    <v>Happyy wrote: <blockquote TYPE=CITE>Hi,
    <w>Has any body out there got experience with Peugeot Team Lite 1500 road bike?
    <x>I m looking at getting a second hand one about 4 years old.
    <y>Thank you very much

    --------------A4D5443A01778FAAB64F4BEC--