Pezcyclingnews: Castelli Launches Backpack

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
My Castelli Backpack review fit in nicelymy recent Giro coverage, when I received one of the first media samples in Sanremo Italy. It’s part of their new line bags for the serious cyclist that offer up the quality, durability, and easy to use designs you’d expect from this top brand of cycling apparel for the roadie, and here’s how it looks… When a brand goes for an extension into another category, Im often skeptical because I’ve seen many ‘brand extensions’ that end up as nothing more than cheap advertising which ultimately cheapens a brand’s overall image and value. Now, doing a gear bag or backpack in cycling is nothing new. Ive seen at least a dozen of them over that past few years, only a couple of which I liked enough to still use today.Castelli’s new pack is medium sized and designed for day use – not actually intended as a cycling pack, but it works just fine on the bike too.But Castelli has a reputation for doing things that need doing, and while their line up is huge – they make something for every type of road cycling weather condition – Im pretty sure no single rider needs or would use every one of the items they make, simply because they offer so many variations that the overlap of some products allow riders to choose only what they need for localized riding conditions. For example, living in Vancouver I have little need for lightweight kit designed for very hot days,...

View the full article