Pezcyclingnews: Divo St: Pez’s First Ride Update

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
July is a month like no other in cycling, and with the Tour but one week away, it’s natural for one’s thoughts to cast back to last year. I returned to ‘la grand boucle’ for thefirst time in years, and discoveredthe French Alsace and some amazing roads while test riding the DIVO ST. Twelve monthslaterthe race promisesthe strongest line up of competitors in years, butI also wondered how things have progressed at the DIVO bike company. I fired off a quick email to PietroCaucchioli – the manbehind thebrand, and as usual he responded right away, and was happy to meet me on skype all theway from Italy. His home base these days is Florida, but he spends a lot of time in his native land overseeing the business of DIVO. The company is still small in agood way, that means customers get attention from the boss, but orders have tripled well into triple digits in just a few months. And while DIVO launched with a set offering of standard sized road frames and build options, the real growth has been in their custom frame builds.The DIVO ST posing for me ahead of our two hour grind to thesummit of the climb to Chamrousse at the 2014 Tour de France.The ST is still the one model available but a lot has changed sinceI first published my ride report in Aug 2014. Their company website wasn’t even live yet. But now it’s rolling full steam with a very cool custom paint program that...

View the full article