Pezcyclingnews: Eurotrash Rebellin Monday!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Still a professional at 44, time to give up Davide Rebellin? Cyclo-cross from Ruddervoorde and the European championships in Holland with results, reports, rider quotes and video. Other cycling news: Tour for Dsseldorf, young rider for Movistar, new sponsor for RusVelo and Fortuneo-Vital Concept, Caja Rural-Seguros RGA first meeting, Dave Rayner book, Dr. Mark Cavendish and a Peter Sagan interview. EuroTrash time. TOP STORY: Yet Another Year for RebellinAt 44 years of age, Davide Rebellin has signed for another year with the Polish CCC Sprandi ProConti team for his twenty-fourth season as a professional. Of course during that time he was banned for a positive test for CERA and lost his silver medal from the Beijing Olympics.The Italian ‘Old Timer’ said via FaceBook: “The heart always has the last word and seeing that my body and my mind are ready for new battles, I’m going to carry on for another season in search of more emotions to share with everyone. The enthusiasm of a child combined with 23 seasons of experience, with high and lows that have made me understanding, will help me give my best! Thanks to everyone for encouraging me to continue so much and thanks to CCC for this new adventure. I’m still too motivated and determined to call it a day. Passion has no age.”Rebellin may think he can still compete at a high level, this year he won the Coppa Agostoni and a stage in the Tour of Turkey, but is it not time for...

View the full article