Pezcyclingnews: From Bangalore To Belgium!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Racing in Belgium is something many try, riders come from all over Europe to partake in the unique World of daily battering from the cobbles, wind, rain and multi-talented riders. It’s not only Europeans as many an Australian and New Zealander has started his career in Flanders, but it’s a surprise to see riders from Bangalore, India lining up in a Flemish kermess. Ed Hood spoke to the time trial champion of India, Naveen John to get the lowdown:When Callum and I were in refusal to go home mode and visited the big post-Tour criterium at Aalst the Monday after the Tour finished, we met up with some Indian dudes who had come all the way from Bangalore to sample the cobbles and cross winds with Kingsnorth CC in Ghent.We thought their story was worth telling. . .Naveen John, India TT championPEZ: The basics, please: age, where from, occupation?Naveen John: I turned 29 this April, I was born and brought up in the Middle East, Kuwait to be precise but now live in Bangalore. I spent my collegiate years in ‘Middle America’ Indiana, where I got my Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University. That’s also where I got into the sport very ‘late’.I moved back home to India in June 2012 to set out to win my National Individual Time Trial title, to find out what my limits on the bike are, while playing my bit in the organic growth of the sport in India. I’ve taken odd jobs...

View the full article