Pezcyclingnews: Giro’15 St.4: The Formolo Formula!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Race Report: Stage 4 was a difficult day to follow, with many breaks splitting and reforming, but in the end Cannondale-Garmins young rider Davide Formolo took his first pro win. The GC men also had a sort-out today. A day of full on excitement and all change.The good news from Italy is that AG2R-La Mondiales Domenico Pozzovivo is OK after his terrible crash yesterday. No broken bones, but some very bad cuts around his eye. He said from his hospital bed: Im ok but it was a very heavy fall. I dont remember what happened because I fell. I remember that the descent was difficult and maybe my wheel slipped. I wanted to finish this Giro well and it pains me to leave the race. The little Italian plans to be back racing in the Tour de Suisse.Todays stage 4 is from Chiavari to La Spezia, only 150 kilometers, but there are three Cat 3 climbs on a course with very little flat section. The Colla di Velva (24.4km), Passo del Termine 101.7km) and Biassia which is 9.9 kilometers from the finish.We didnt have to wait long for the attacks to come and there were many of them before anything stuck. After 20 kilometers a big group succeeded in gaining any time, but it didnt suit Tinkoff-Saxo, Etixx Quick-Step or Sky, so they were not allowed much lead. The front group eventually split with Franco Pelizotti (Androni Giocattoli), Andrey Amador (Movistar), Andrey Zeits (Astana) and Mauro Finatto (Southeast) gaining some...

View the full article