Pezcyclingnews: Lombardia’15: Roadside With Pez!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
My second time back in two years – Il Lombardia was better than ever, with great racing, epic weather, and a course around Lake Como worthy of this Monument – my day chasing the race was a fitting end to the 2015 race season. After seeing and chasing the race last year for my first time, the question was how to do it differently this time. The simple answer was to join up with PEZ-Man Ale Federico for a day on the roadside. After some 10 years of working together on PEZ, this was the first time we’d actually team up to see the race together – quite an accomplishment. Ale knows the Italian races better than most, and as Roadside-junkies, we’re always looking for new tips and tricks from each other, so I was keen to let Ale show me the way. We met in Bergamo for thestart, and with a couple stops in mind, the plan was to see what we could accomplish, and what adventures awaited in the next 8 hours.In spite of the season being long, riders fatigued and only a few with motivation to really race, spirits were high on this ‘last day of school’. Crazy weather in recent days set the stage, as rain came through in thenight, but a break in theclouds meant a dry start – thanks to the weather gods for that asheading out on a 250km jaunt and being wet from the start would really suck.The sun even made an appearance,...

View the full article