Pezcyclingnews: Meet Hotel Lungomare: Bike Hotel In Cesenatico

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
As part of my self-appointed mission to discover and share with PEZ Fans the best riding destinations in Italy, I’ve parlayed 10 years of chasing the Giro d’Italia and its countless hotel nights into a ‘reasonable’ catalog of travel knowledge. Some hotels I look forward to visiting again, but I also look forward to new discoveries each May. The Hotel Lungomare in Cesenatico is one such hotel. – From the sea you will reach the sweet hills, along peaceful streets in the Romagna greenery, between vineyards and olive groves, reaching the strong slopes in the Apennines. –Like so many things in Italy – the best access is reserved for those who ‘know someone’. Italians are guarded by nature, but are naturally welcoming hosts – all you need is the right introduction. Most of my best friends in Italia I’ve met through other friends. Several years ago my friends at NonStop Ciclsimo in Ventura CA introduced me to Nicola Verdolin, who along with his brother Alberto runs the GardaBikeHotel on Lake Garda (which I highly recommend). They’ve been in the hotel business for years, and run one of the best bike hotels in Italy. Nicola in turn introduced me to Silvia Pasolini, proprietress of the Hotel Lungomare in Cesenatico on the Adriatic coast.Italy’s northern Adriatic coast has long been a popular cycling destination for tourists from Europe, largely because of its easy access via cities like Bologna and Venice, its mild climate, and its varied and accessible cycling terrain. The region’s biggest...

View the full article