Pezcyclingnews: Nahbs 2015: North American Hand Made Bicycle Show

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
While I couldnt make NAHBS this year without infecting some dear friends with whatever nasty organism that decided to take up shop in my lungs, I did get some cool on-site insight from industry vet Suzette Ayotte, who knows everyone and anyone. How lucky for me that NAHBS boss, Don Walker tossed us an email saying hey, Suzette will be here!.Leading off for us is a stop at the Campagnolo boothIt seems a good place to start as Ive recently used Campys EPS on a project that will run shortly and also because of the recent work with Sarto, whos Lampo was sitting right out frontAs it turned out, Sarto took home Campagnolos award for the best Campagnolo bike at NAHBS this year.Thats NAHBS boss Don Walker, Enrico Sarto and Campys Tom KattusWhile its not a surprise that an Italian custom made-to-measure aero bike took home top Campy, it could very easily have gone to their other bike at the show, the super limited 18kVenturing a guess that not many bikes were adorned in Solid 18 karate gold hardware and alligator bar skin and saddleBut look throughout the show floor and not many things on display feature the level of in-house manufacture that Sarto pull off. The saddle is well done, but they also make their own tube sets and fork (oh, and bottle cages).And the frames details, like the pass through seat tube/split top tube were beyond everything else in carbon at the show…All that said, the price for...

View the full article