Pezcyclingnews: Pez Roadside: Ed’s 2006 Tdf Look Back

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
The 2015 Tour de France is a matter of only 20 days away, but Ed Hood, our most experienced Grand Tour reporter, is thinking back to the first of his ten ‘accredited’ Tours. The 2006 Tour was an up and down affair; it was scandal riddled, maybe not as bad as 1998, but the Floyd Landis Tour of ’06 went down in history as one of the worst.Ten, no, it cant be? Ten Tours de France? Yes, it will be.If The Good Lord spares me and I get to the 2015 Tour de France, itll be my tenth Tour de France as a photo journalist for PEZ. In honour of this momentous occasion, I thought youd like to have a wander back through time with me to 2006 and THAT Tour. I can remember The Boss saying to me; when are you going to write something about the race instead of all this scandal? And I remember replying; but maybe theres not going to be a Tour de France, Boss ! it was that bad…But it did go ahead and what a farce it turned out to be but I loved being there, lets take a wander back to Northern France, 2006:These girls had their hearts in the right place but they sure got it wrong as wed all find out later.Sturdy Norwegian, Thor Hushovd won the prologue to take yellow, a fast boulevard blast around Strasbourg; I even rode a couple of laps of the circuit, early that morning...

View the full article