Pezcyclingnews: Pez Roadside: Il Giro é Bono!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Today Alessandro took the Giro d’Italia route as far south as it goes this year. He passed through many different regions to catch the race, the people, the villages and the atmosphere of the biggest bike race in Italy. But you can’t go to the South without trying the pizza!There was no plan for today’s stage, but in the end we enjoyed the Giro even more than the other two days. A full immersion in southern Italy convinced us that we really live in a multi cultural country, and that our Italy is not so bad as local television and newspapers try to describe it. In three days we crossed four different administrative regions and more natural regions. All these place were all very different even if we are talking of a few hundred kilometers travel. All these place had something to give to us. And thats what we had for today.Fragneto Monforte by evening. A very quite place, perfect stop for a sleepIl sonno and il SannioSonno in Italian language means sleep and this is part of the story I have to tell about. We passed the evening in a very quite village, Fragneto Monforte, this place is located in the administrative region Campania (where Napoli is located), but in fact is part of an historical region named Sannio. I was sure we were going to have a good sleep there but in fact, due to my snoring this morning all visitors of the bed & breakfast were very...

View the full article