Pezcyclingnews: Pez Talk: Bmc’s Peter Stetina

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Peter Stetina was having quite a good 2015 season until he hit a post set into the road in the final of stage one of the Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco. He sustained terrible injuries, saying at the time: I am lucky to be alive. The man from Boulder was back racing in Utah by August and has signed a new contract with Trek for 2016 to team up again with Ryder Hesjedal. Ed Hood caught up with Stetina to hear all about it.Back in April, BMC Racing Team’s 28 year-old US professional Peter Stetina was riding in to the finish of Stage One of the Tour of the Basque country in the peloton it should have been, just another day at the office. But with no other warning or protection than a plastic cone plonked atop it, situated in the path of the speeding bunch was a steel post designed to stop motorists parking in front of garbage skips.Stetina hit it at an estimated 60 kph breaking his tibia, shattering his knee cap and breaking three ribs when he hit the ground. Remarkably he was back racing at the Tour of Utah by the end of the summer PEZ caught up with him recently to hear how hes progressing and to talk about his move to Trek Factory Racing for 2016:pEZ: How are the injuries, Peter?Peter Stetina: They’re still injuries and will be for the rest of my life! I can’t fully squat, and running is proving to be...

View the full article