Pezcyclingnews: Pez Talk: Steve Cummings

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Steve Cummings has been around on the pro scene for quite a while and every year he adds a win to his palmars and this year it was a big one; stage 14 of the Tour de France. Steve is not the first rider you would think of when you see a summit finish to the parcour, but on that day to Mende he used cunning and perfect timing to outwit the French pair of Pinot and Bardet. Under rated? Many team leaders have said they would love to have Cummings in their team.Outside of the montagnes – the best stage finish of Le Tour? Tony Martin’s to take yellow? It was good, for sure – but for me it has to be Steve Cummings dazzling display on Stage 14 into Mende. An under rated rider but on his day one of the very best – we caught up with him on the Tour’s second rest day in Gap.He’s a huge Liverpool Football Club fan so we started off by asking him how he felt about long term Liverpool hero, Steven Gerrard not being offered a good enough contract renewal to want to make him stay.“I don’t like to give answers on football, I’m not an expert but you have to hope that management are doing what’s best for the club? It’s sad though, it made me feel old, I just thought he’d be there forever.”PEZ: You being an ‘honorary Tuscan’ now, do you watch the Serie A games?“I like...

View the full article