Pezcyclingnews: Pez Talk: Us Track Star Dana Feiss

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Rider Interview: Dana Feiss is fast on a bike and she speaks her mind. Ed Hood put some questions to the multi-champion and received the full Feiss philosophy on not only sprint cycling, but life, weight training, body shape and much more… I have to take it on the chin, sometimes I do neglect ladies cycling so when my amigo Patrik Lyons suggested that I speak to US National team keirin, sprint and team sprint rider, Dana Feiss I sat down and got those questions organized.Heres what the lady had to say to PEZ, recently. . .PEZ: You’re in Colorado these days – why move up from Pa. Isn’t Trexlertown the centre of the US track universe?Dana Feiss: T-town is the U.S. track cycling Mecca during the summer. They have built a great community over the years and work very hard with great success to get world-class riders there for a whole ten weeks of UCI racing. Its often difficult to tear ones focus away from the area because theyre so good at what they do; however, other tracks are making a point to get on T-towns level and host equally intense and exciting grand prixs. That said, T-town is a warm weather destination for most of us; training through east coast winter is difficult when the track is wet or covered in snow and ice for months. I trained in Los Angeles for a few years at the behest of the national program at the time; that structure disintegrated...

View the full article