Pezcyclingnews: Photog’s View: Clarendon Cup €15

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Every year our man in Virginia, Darrell Parks, is road-side in Arlington for the Air Force Association Cycling Classic and this year is no different. As always he gets the best pic from the race course and is always in the right place at the right moment for the best action shots.I always look forward to shooting the Air Force Association Cycling Classic every June. This edition was my 15th trip downtown to watch the pros and some of my friends and riding buddies give it their all. The temperatures were hot and so was the racing here in Arlington, Virginia, a mere 20 minutes from my home in Vienna. Heres my recollection of the days events in pictures. The full day of racing starts early in the morning with amateurs racing on the same course that the pros ride. The women’s pro race starts immediately after the amateur races at 10 AM with 50 laps around the 1 kilometer, hourglass shaped course. This year Team Tibco dominated the day with Lauren Stephens riding away to a solo victory. Team Mellow Mushroom gave it their all in trying to bring her back, but she was just too strong.The call ups usually allow for a chance to do some really nice portrait work. Using a long lens and a wide aperture renders a nice background of color from the out of focus racer’s kits. Here Hilton Clarke strikes a pose in his NCC leaders Jersey.I was pleasantly Surprised to see team...

View the full article