Pezcyclingnews: Photog’s View: Worlds’15 Richmond Road Championships

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Photog’s View: I hope all the PEZ fans enjoyed viewing my images posted in Pelo Pics throughout this years UCI World Championships. I had big expectations for the venue and the caliber of racing I was likely to experience, and Richmond did not disappoint! The entire week of racing turned out to be nothing short of phenomenal and all just a short trip from home. Heres a recap of my escapades throughout the week and a few more of my favorite images and the stories behind them.Team 2016 was one of the early womens teams to hit the course during the Team Time Trials. A fifth place showing on the day was pretty good for the american based team. The clean background and contrasting colors really make this image pop.My World Championship coverage started with the Elite Men and Women’s Team Time Trial on Sunday. I made the 90 minute drive to Richmond from my home in Northern Virginia. It was hard to believe I was really on my way to the UCI World Championships, right here in the good old USA, let alone so close to home. I initially had some reservations about the venue being located in Richmond, but they were all squashed once I set foot on the course. This was an awesome route, and very conducive to some fast racing, with many interesting features to photograph along the way. Team Jelly Belly takes on the Team Time Trial with Fast Freddie Rodriguez on the front. It...

View the full article