Pezcyclingnews: Readers’ Rigs: Specialized Allez E5

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Today’s Readers’ Rigs is something different than most editions – Adam from California is in love with his rig – that’s nothing new for a contributor to this column but he hasn’t sent us pics and a story about his pimped out racing bike with carbon wheels and gadgets galore. No, instead he’s sent us a story about his vanity styled training bike, an all black stealth Specialized Allez E5.Name: Adam NaguibLocation: Redwood City, CA USA – riding for Kensington Cycling ClubAge: 31Bike: Specialized Allez E5 Smartweld (2013)Groupset: SRAM (Mostly Rival, some Red and Apex)Wheels: Easton EA70 SLPedals: Garmin Vector 2Saddle: Specialized ToupWeight: 18.1 lb (8.2kg)When did you buy it?March 2013What made you choose this bike? I had been riding a wonderful Schwinn as my training bike when I lived in NY. The weather there was horrendous January through March so I wouldnt use the Tarmac I had at the time for training. The geometry was a little bit off on the Schwinn so I was looking for a replacement. I naturally looked at Specializeds Allez range but, to be kind, Spesh have never been the best at style and color schemes. Then, at the back of 2012 they announced their new method of Aluminium manufacturing for frames and had this beauty. When I saw the black on black I had to have it.What modifications/additions have you done? I changed most of what came from the store. I wanted everything in the black theme for nothing other than vanity. I...

View the full article