Pezcyclingnews: Readers’ Rigs: Colnago C50 Lamborghini

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Normally associated with Ferrari, today’s Readers’ Rig is instead a Lamborghini styled Colnago C50 modified by its owner for his ultimate ride. A highly original custom paint job, Campagnolo record gearing, Zipp wheels and a light weight are just some of the features of this unique ride.Name: Chris StocksLocation: Calcot West Berkshire UKAge: 50Bike: Colnago C50 hpGroupset: Campag record 11speedWheels: Zipp 303 front and Zipp 404 rearPedals: Mavic ti SlSaddle: fizik anteresOther: 3t bars, Newton stem, Easton carbon e90 seatpost 2005 165 gramsWeight: 16.2 lbs (7.35kg)When did you buy it?I bought the frame second hand in 2014 and it was in a bit of a state. Carbon bike repair in Dorking, Surrey did the frame re-spray and I took in the ideas I wanted and we worked through those ideas right down to the exact grey and orange tones, so the Italian grey actually has green mixed in to give it that real deep gloss. What made you choose this bike?I chose this bike as I have been disappointed by the dumb slow handling of newer sportive bikes and wanted something made with the passion of a craftsman.Why the Lamborghini theme?There is a dealer about 4 miles from my house (H.R. Owen) and I ride past it often. They sell a number of nice things but when I was thinking about building a ride that really was a pure indulgence, art, something that made me feel like a kid at Christmas it just seemed that Lamborghini matched that. Colnago have...

View the full article