Pezcyclingnews: Readers’ Rigs: Eddy Merckx Axm

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Today’s Readers’ Rig is a bike that may be a few years old now but still gets many dreaming about it – a 2009 Eddy Merckx AXM. Decked out in full Campagnolo Record with Bora wheels to complement it’s a classic European machine – but actually comes to us from a reader in Hong Kong.Name: Timothy RedelLocation: Hong KongAge: Perpetually 30Bike: Eddy Merckx AXMGroupset: Campagnolo Record 11 SpeedWheels: Campagnolo Bora One Tubulars, Continental GP4000Pedals: Dura Ace 9000 SPD-SL CarbonSaddle: Selle Italia SLOther: Deda Elementi Presta Carbon Handlebar, Deda Zero 100 Stem, Deda Carbon Bottle CagesWeight: 7.5 Kg (16.5lbs)When did you buy it?Spring 2009What made you choose this bike? Love at first sight! The brand is like Ferrari, it has a pedigree that has no equal. The AXM was introduced in 2005 as a 25tth Anniversary model. It was the first all carbon (monocoque) model that Eddy Merckx made. And was the top model that the Belgium factory made before Eddy Merckx sold the company in 2009.What modifications/additions have you done? I bought the frameset in the U.S. before we moved to Hong Kong and built the bike myself. And the biggest challenge for a professional photographer – and not bike mechanic like me (www.timothyredel.com) was cutting the carbon steerer tube. Ive also changed the stock Eddy Merckx seatpost to an Easton EC 90 Zero.What components are you running? Campagnolo Record 11 Speed Groupset, Campagnolo gear & brake cables, 53/39 carbon crank, 170mm crankarms, 12-29 Campagnolo Record Cassette How many miles/kilometers...

View the full article