Pezcyclingnews: Readers’ Rigs: Felt Ar Frd

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
It’s time for Readers’ Rigs again, the column where everyday Pez fans send in photos and stories about their pride and joy. Today’s rig is a 2015 Felt AR FRD which comes to us from the beautiful state of Colorado.Name: Jim TaylorLocation: Colorado Springs, ColoradoAge: 61Bike: 2015 FELT AR FRDGroupset: Shimano Dura Ace Di2Wheels: Reynolds Attack / Michelin PRO4 Service Course tiresPedals: Speedplay Zero StainlessSaddle: Fizik Arione VSX K:IUMOther: Ritchey WCS Carbon EvoCurve bar, Ritchey WCS Carson Matrix 4AXIS stemWeight: 15.1 pounds (6.85 kg)When did you buy it? November 2014What made you choose this bike?I wanted to get an aero road frame this time around and after a few test rides on other brands, I knew the FELT AR was for me. I also own a 2009 FELT Z25 and after a couple of seasons on a BMC teammachine SLR01, getting another FELT seemed like going home. The bike is stiff and the handling precise, without feeling harsh or buzzy. I feel faster on this bike, as well. What modifications/additions have you done?I bought the frame and built it up as it is.What components are you running?Dura Ace Di2 11 speed with 172.5 cranks and 50/34 up front, 11/28 out back. How many miles/kilometers do you do a year?Last year, according to Strava, I logged 3212 miles (5169km). Im more proud of the 188,911 feet (57580 m) of climbing I put in. Living in Colorado, a lot of climbing is inevitable. Thats why I decided to go with the Reynolds...

View the full article