Pezcyclingnews: Sea Otter €15: Gear Round 2

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
SRAM 1X11 road gruppo, Xentis Wheels, Nuun Plus, Scott Bicycles Cross and Pro Tec, Recon Jet, TRPs Di2 Lever conversion and disc fork, Zipp 30 wheels, Scapin Anouk, Bellwether Clothing, Giro Helmet, Selle Italias Novus. We have another round of coverage from the 2015 Sea Otter Classic.SRAM have a fairly large presence at what I think is easily cyclings best combination racing and gear event. It makes sense as this is the Sea Otter Classic Powered by SRAMSRAM’s NRS service crew are MASSIVELY good at what they do, both for the top racers and, more importantly, the rest of us mortalsAs presenters, they generally have something new, as was that case this year with new Force and Rival 1, and 1×11 road groups.Ive been running CX1 (1×11 for cross) on a cross bike with slick tires and a 46 tooth front ring and that range made for a simple, quiet, easy to maintain ratio that carried me comfortably through most conditions. All I lacked really was a big enough front gear for genuine higher speeds and thought, with a little larger rear ratio, Im not sure I would need 2 rings for real road competition.For road & gravel, SRAM have added ratios. The front ring sizes on offer will be (110bcd) 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50 (130bcd) 52 and 54. The latter on offer made for a very slick presentation in TT form.SRAM will offer rear cassettes from standard sizes all the way up to a 10-42 (which...

View the full article