Pezcyclingnews: Tour’15: Bmc & Bora-argon18 Meet The Press

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Roadside Report: The Team BMC & Bora-Argon18 press conferences arecontrasts, that would probably be an ideal situation for an aging party king the day starts off early in what resembles a nightclub, and ends a hundred feet up in the air with some hi-tech gourmet cooking. Not my regular Friday but then, it’s a long time since I could ever dream about calling myself a nightclub god.  An organized start:A civilized 11am. The BMC team press conference is meticulously planned out, which helps to avoid the usual chaotic free-for-all scrums that can masquerade as a Tour press call. The riders get some easy warm-upquestions before the floor is opened. The room for the presser looks a bit like something out of Tron, lots of fluorescent light strips along the floor and walls, and an almost-astral scene on the ceiling. Georges Lchinger asks for the disco spotlights to be turned off, and we get down to business.Then the English language media get Tejay Van Garderen and Rohan Dennis; the Swiss get Micky Schar and Danilo Wyss; the Italian cohort get Manuel Quinziato, Daniel Oss and Damiano Caruso. For the Belgians, and there were plenty there, we had Greg Van Avermaet, with Sammy Sanchez for the Spanish journalists.Jim Ochowicz says that the plans for Tejay van Garderen at the 2015 Tour started almost as soon as last year’s race concluded. As one of the few teams competing that has actually won the Tour, the podium is the priority, the focus on getting safely through...

View the full article