Pezcyclingnews: Tour’15: Roadside Photos Stage 7

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Roadside Stage 7: It’s been three days of “rest” for the peloton but not our photog Beardy – with long days at the Tour taking a toll and still 2 weeks to go, Marcus revised his shooting plans for the stage but still captured some amazing images on the road from Livarot to Fougres.– Photos and words by Marcus Enno -I knew today’s stage would be difficult as nothing jumped out as a ‘must shoot’ location when we looked at the Road Book.A sprint finish was almost guaranteed, so all the planning would be based arriving ahead of the riders.With that in mind I didn’t dilly dally around at the start and got on race route heading for the first spot we circled on the map.There was a nice view out over the hills and I stopped to check it. The angles just didn’t work so we moved on.The second circled location was a chateau but we never made it there as the town of Exmes had a cute main street and from yesterday’s experience one shot in bag is worth two in the bush.As we waited for the riders an official car pulled up, the door opened and out hopped Bernard Hinault (cycling legend and 5 time winner of the Tour de France). The town folk crowded round and offered him a freshly baked madeleine, he took and bite and said trs bon before his minders bundled him up and off they went.We had one more stop planned before...

View the full article