Pezcyclingnews: Tour’15 St.11: Photo Report

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Roadside Stage 11: It’s day 2 in the Pyrenees and a visit to theiconic Col du Tourmalet under sunny skies delivers some of thebest images of Le Tour we’ve seen so far. Photog Marcus Enno filed this report as the Tour de France crossed its half-way point. – Photos & Words by Marcus Enno –First stop of the day, after making a brief appearance at the start to see if anything out of the ordinary was happening, was the Cote de Loucrup. It was a nice little 2km, category 3 climb that was fairly quiet until the last 500m where there was a small village at the top and the people were getting into the festivities.We pulled up just next to a family who had settled in for a picnic. We were promptly offered some homemade apple cake. Upon sampling, I’m sure the apples had been soaking in liqueur, it was delicious. I demolished a sizeable wedge before pacing out the last section of the climb looking for a spot.I stumbled across an amazing restored Citron Mhari the off road version of the popular 2CV. The couple that owned it were happy to pose for a photo with their pride and joy. I marvelled at the car with the owner as he pointed out details, explained in French, I politely nodded as if I knew something about vintage Citron’s. The next location was the Col du Tourmalet. It was my first visit to the very famous mountain pass that has featured in...

View the full article