Pezcyclingnews: Tour’15 St.13: Photo Report!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Roadside Stage 13: PhotogBeardy McBeard’s daily plan takes a turn for thebetter when his drowned camera comes back to life, and the melting tar doesn’t melt his spirit to capture the roadside sights of this Tour de France. And he even gets his first sunflower shot– things are looking up… – Photos & Words by Marcus Enno –After my cameras had a proper soaking on yesterday’s stage I made sure I dried them the best I could. But I was more than a little concerned when I went to shoot my first frame and the camera died. Then I remembered alesson I learned at the Giro, so I removed the batteries and turned the camera on and off. It leapt back to life and relief washed over me.The plan for today was to shoot near the start so we could shoot two spots plus the start and finish.I wasn’t specifically planning to shoot a sunflower field but when we started to pass a number of them I thought my first chance mightbe my one and only. At the first field there were already photographers walking throughout the fields, their heads just above the heads of the big yellow flowers. The second field’s flowers were not facing the right way and their heads were bowed and sad looking but the third I could make work.As I walked through the field I noticed their surprisingly rough leaves with the texture of sandpaper, the heads were also crawling with bees. I gently brushed them...

View the full article