Pezcyclingnews: Tour’15 St.14: Photo Report!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Roadside Stage 14: The steep slopes of theclimb to Mende made for great racing and even better picturestoday. Photog Beardy McBeard joined the French fan fray just minutes before the race , and captured today’s best look at the Tour roadside. – Photos & Words by Marcus Enno –While researching today’s race route we realized it went past the chateau we stayed in a month earlier while on assignment for Rapha travel. Remembering that in was a spectacular road running through the Gorges du Tarn we knew it was our must shoot location for the day.There was an abundance of tunnels cut into the rock walls of the gorges and I wanted to use one of these in my images. After stopping and checking three different tunnel locations I found one that had a great vantage point, all I had to do was scale up to it.Scrambling up, the outlook over the road was fantastic and I could even see a little village on the opposite side of the river. By this stage there were official cars passing by and when they came out of the tunnel and saw me perched up high they got a bit of a surprise.My spot attracted a lot of attention with the motorbike photographers as well, they stopped to check it out before deciding it was too hard and shooting from the road was easier. They all sped off as soon as the last rider had passed and I carefully climbed down trying not to...

View the full article