Pezcyclingnews: Tour De France 2016 Route Revealed!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
The 2016 Tour de Farnce route was revealed Tuesday in Paris, and PEZ was there. Here’s our PEZ-Clusive look inside the presentation.  – Words & Photos by Erin Berard – The third Tuesday in October is hallowed to Tour de France fans, as the day they release the trailer for what will be the hottest blockbuster on the 2016 cycling calendar. Today is considered cyclings day out, akin in fanfare to a Hollywood movie premier, as the ASO announces the 2016 Tour de France route. Gone are the helmets, glasses, and carbon frames. In fact, the only carbon you will see today might be on the bottom of someones expensive Italian shoes.Imagine the ASO as the presenting studio, host of this party, complete with exclusive invitations, the pre-show red carpet, the rider stars, buzzing paparazzi and press, candid interviews, flashing cameras, agent manager sponsor schmoozing, studio execs, and a big theater in Paris. Then comes the big moment as the lights go dim and the video rolls, and one embarks on a visual journey along the plains, mountains, coastlines, and countries that will make its cinematic debut this July to millions of fans worldwide.As I enjoyed my Nescaf stick instant coffee with mini moos in my miniscule Parisian hotel room, questions began swirling in my mind, which cities, which climbs? We already know about the epic start planned behind the backdrop of Mont Saint Michel but then what? Spain, Switzerland? Bloggers have been sleuthing the entire route for the past few...

View the full article