Pezcyclingnews: Tour15 Roadside: Eds Paris Final

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Roadside St.21: The rain fell heavily on the Champs leses on Sunday, but that didn’t dampen Ed and Callum’s enthusiasm to get their unique view on the final stage in Paris. Both of them spread themselves round the circuit for the best photos and catch-ups with the characters of the 2015 Tour de France. The big Paris final.“You’ll Never Walk Alone” bellows from the open door of the Sky team bus – the maillot jaune’s boys have found their voices. A Liverpool football anthem just off the Rue de Rivoli – a street no longer as chic as it once was but an incongruous sound, nonetheless.The evening sun shines on the golden dome of Les Invalides, over to my left; a wonderful sight but surreal among the myriad computer generated logos of the products the Tour helps market. The cobbles of the Rue Royale are still damp from the rain, my feet are wet and cold. It all feels strange, I still can’t quite take it in; as a younger man I used to think that I’d never live to see a British Tour de France winner. I’ve now see three in four years.To win Le Tour de France is a marvellous achievement which Christopher Froome has achieved twice. But I have to say that it was not a memorable Tour; there were stage winners of great individual merit – Greipel, Cummings, Bardet, Pinot. . .But the GC battle only sparked at the very end – the last stage reflected...

View the full article