Pezcyclingnews: Travel: Off Course To Pisticci!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Chasing aGrand Tour – or any race for that matter, is often less abouttherace, and more about the adventure. One of mybest days ‘happened’ at the 2013 Giro d’Italia as my driver Mino and I crossed the ankle of southern Italy’s boot. Thetiny road we chose eventually disappeared, leaving us to find our way across uncharted farm tracks to a distant hill top town – which itself was a maze of navigational chaos. In the end we didn’t accomplish much, but it’s days like these that make the journey worth every wrong turn. Giro ’13 Roadside St. 5: Sempre Dritto always forward makes a good translation. When used correctly, its a sign of confidence, direction, and success, but these same watchwords can also lead you to places you never expected, like the hilltop town of Pisticci in the ankle of the Italian boot.But let’s get started with a small note on breakfast – at least the kind that fuels my driver for a full day behind the wheel…Interesting Fact About Mino #38 – He doesnt eat lunch.Day after day my pilota Mino continues to amaze me as I get to know the man behind the wheel. Ive already called us an unstoppable force, and seen Mino take care of things that would make Harvey Keitels character in Pulp Fiction envious, and Ive marveled at how he keeps going hour after hour on these long days with not so much as a mid-day snack. I can make it till about 4:00PM before...

View the full article