Pezcyclingnews: Utah Diary: Team Axeon’s Daniel Eaton

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Rider Diary by Axeon Team’s Daniel EatonThe Larry Miller Tour of Utah has quickly climbedonto thepodium withthe best stageraces in America, offeringtough terrain at very high altitude, a growing list of international teams, and a chance for young ridersto show their stuff inthebig leagues. Daniel Eaton of Team Axeon filed these notes after stage three endedin Bountiful, UT. Being on the starting line of one of the biggest races in the world with a jersey was one of the most surreal moments of my short career. The game plan for the day was to try and join the break with me, Greg or Chris and to save Ruben and Logan for the finish. After 40min of unrelenting amount of attacking, at 60+ kph into a tail wind, the break finally went unfortunately without us. There was 6 riders up the road with a lot of horse power making UHC’s job of controlling just that more difficult. Daniel Eaton and his young Axeon team mates have a big chance to race against, and learn from, someof thebest riders in pro cycling. We went over the one category 2 climb of the day at a solid pace but nothing to dramatic being that it was so early on. The stage was more or less going along without any hiccups when at about 80kph a massive pile up happened on the decent of a mid race category 3. I was just able to avoid it, but Chris and Tao where caught up. Lucky they seem to...

View the full article