Pezcyclingnews: Worlds’15: Photog’s View From Behind The Barriers!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Photog’s View: Normally when photographer David Gill goes to a bike race he is working and has a specific plan of action for the best possible photos. But at this years World road race championships in Richmond, David was there as a fan. No pressure, but a different view form the other side of the barriers from the ‘credited’ lens-men. David does Richmond: – All words and photos by David Gill –U23 Slovenia cheering section.Krystal Sackemire and Rebekah Bejari on the same 23rd St. climb that Sagan made his break.The crowd on the 23rd St.UCI President Brian Cookson is a fan too! Or maybe it’s a selfie?“Ahhh……..the joys of flying Southwest, if I don’t log in right now I’ll spend the next 8 hours after the race crammed in middle row” said Libby Hill color commentator Dave Towle immediately after this image was taken.Current stats from the City of Richmond place the spectator count at 625,000 for the last day of racing.“I’m not yet really used to feeding the riders. It’s pretty scary!” said two time individual German road race and past World Champion Ina-Yoko Teutenberg while feeding for Team USA between laps.There was a large crowd on Libby Hill (left to right: Evel Knievel Tom Nagy, Nate & Cordelia Brown, Reign Wurst all from Spring City, Pennsylvania)Riders race by the Richmond Main Street Station. The old train station is the only place where I-95; the busiest highway along its entire length in the United States, actually bends for a...

View the full article