Pezcyclingnews: Worlds €15: Pez Rides The Course!

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
The 2015 World Cycling Championships in Richmond goes up, down, and around on a technical mix of cobbled streets, 90-degree turns, and fast straights. PEZ took an on-bike look at what riders from around the world will face at this September’s World’s road races.– Words and Photos By Chuck Pea –Ride Like MikeOrdinarily, the idea of driving 90 some-odd miles to ride 10 miles would be considered daft. But when those 10 miles are the same ten that current UCI Road Race World Champion Michal Kwiatkowski (Poland) will have to ride to defend his rainbow stripes, you make the drive to ride like Mike. And so I made the trek from my home in Arlington, Virginia to the Ginter Park neighborhood on the north side Richmond site of the team and elite mens time trials at the 2015 World Cycling Championships.The first order of the day was coffee. After all, its not a bike ride without coffee. Luckily, just about a half mile (thats about 800 meters for those who do metric units) down Broad Street from the Marriott is Lift. Not only is Lift right on the race route, its the only coffee shop on the race route (take note, caffeine addicts and espresso junkies). I dont start a day let alone a ride without a triple latte and Lifts baristas didnt disappoint.Bikes and coffee (or is it coffee and bikes?) just go together.I also got to meet and chat with the owner of Lift, Stephanie Garnett. She was...

View the full article